Providing Soluciones Institute Portable Event Package
- Participants have full access to sessions for 60 days after activation.
Providing Soluciones Institute Portable Event Package
Be the difference our Hispanic and Latino students need
English learners (ELs) come to school with diverse talents, experiences, emotional needs, and levels of family support. Now more than ever, in the wake of learning disruptions created by the pandemic and opportunity gaps magnified by it, many of our ELs need a skilled, intentional approach to accelerate learning. Join us at Providing Soluciones to empower your leaders, teachers, parents, and community partners to champion academic achievement among this ever-growing student population.
Top educational thought leaders share specific, practical ways to connect with students from diverse backgrounds, ensure they feel safe and welcome, and help them overcome the barriers they often face. This virtual institute includes a unique combination of research-based strategies and practices you can use right away, as well as the schoolwide knowledge and tools that will be essential to developing an actionable plan for serving ELs and creating a level playing field where they can excel.
- Create a holistic shift in how your school supports ELs
- Apply practical strategies that can be used daily to increase EL engagement
- Develop a toolkit of strategies for working with students with limited or interrupted formal education
- Effectively build relationships with Latino/a students and parents
- Implement district and building leadership practices that work to achieve equity and eliminate the achievement gap
- Use targeted instructional strategies and assessment processes to develop academic vocabulary, literacy, and math skills for ELs
- Help EL parents become part of the learning team
- Teach students to use calming and mindful strategies that will result in better classroom behavior, increased SEL skills, personal well-being, and greater academic achievement
- Recognize school-based structures that create an inclusive culture for Latino/a and EL students
- Gather and use critical feedback from students to inform and improve class structure, communication, and behavior
- Involve students in discussions centered on rich vocabulary
- Utilize performance assessment to inform instruction
- Employ hands-on visualizing activities in reading programs
Hear from our attendees
“It was very positive and inspiring. A great call to action on important issues … we need to do better for Latino and EL students.”
“THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for making this event ‘human.’ I am so fired up about sharing all of the wonderful information with our EL teachers and building administrators.”
“Powerful inspiration to take back to our school and begin a movement that can really give us the academic results we need.”
“This was an amazing experience. The presenters were fantastic in their knowledge, expertise, and delivery!”
“So many practical and unique practices that we can take and use with students and staff.”
Attendees will print their own certificates after each session they complete on the virtual platform.
Portable Event Package FAQ
How does a Portable Event Package work?
A Solution Tree Portable Event Package is an on-demand virtual event focused on a specific topic. These events feature leading experts delivering keynotes and breakout sessions designed for maximum impact and crafted for a virtual format. Once you register and access your Portable Event Package, you will have 60 days to view the content. Our video platform allows you to start, stop, pause, and then pick up where you left off. Session handouts and reproducibles will be provided digitally.
Where does the Portable Event Package content come from?
The content is either sourced from previous on-site or virtual events or created specifically for the Portable Event Package by experts.
How do you use the Portable Event Package?
The format varies based on the Portable Event Package purchased. PLC and RTI Portable Event Packages offer different viewing options based on your role and needs, and their expansive breakout options allow for a more self-guided experience. Other Portable Event Packages are designed for more structured viewing, with participants completing sessions based on an agenda.
How long do you have access to your Portable Event Package?
You have 60 days of unlimited viewing access, beginning when you view your first session. During those 60 days you will have access to all content.
How much time does each session take to complete?
The length of each session varies. Typically sessions take 75–90 minutes to complete, but some sessions are shorter by design.
How many educators can I register from my school or district?
You can register an unlimited number of educators. A Portable Event Package is an excellent tool for teams to work on together, and beginning dates are flexible, allowing participants to start and stop as they choose.
Can I register as an individual?
Yes. Portable Event Packages can be purchased and used by individuals.
Can course participants earn CEUs?
Yes. Depending on which Portable Event Package you purchase, you can earn varying CEUs. After completing sessions, attendees will find a certificate of participation in the digital platform under each session. Certificates are available a limited time, until event access has expired. Please check with your department of education for CEU availability.
Included with your registration
Discover how to develop and strengthen the four essential skills of effective educational leaders. Inspire a shared vision of strategic change and overcome resistance through strong communication, trust building, empowerment of those you lead, and a focus on results.