Douglas Reeves, PhD, has worked with education, business, nonprofit, and government organizations throughout the world. He is the author of more than 30 books and more than 100 articles on leadership and organizational effectiveness.
Douglas Reeves, PhD, has worked with education, business, nonprofit, and government organizations throughout the world. The author of more than 30 books and more than 100 articles on leadership and organizational effectiveness, he has twice been named to the Harvard University Distinguished Authors Series and was named the Brock International Laureate for his contributions to education. Dr. Reeves received both the Distinguished Service Award from the National Association of Secondary School Principals and the Parents' Choice Award for his writing for children and parents. His career in professional learning led to the Contribution to the Field Award from the National Staff Development Council. For his international work, Dr. Reeves was named the William Walker Scholar by the Australian Council of Educational Leaders.
His volunteer activities include FinishTheDissertation.org, providing free and noncommercial support for doctoral students, and The SNAFU Review, publishing the essays, poetry, stories, and artwork of disabled veterans. Dr. Reeves lives with his family in downtown Boston. He tweets @DouglasReeves and blogs at CreativeLeadership.net.
Assessment Collaborative experts have proven success in developing and implementing sustainable assessment practices that garner hope through achievement. Work with them to create assessment systems that provide accurate, meaningful, and actionable information to drive student learning.
Presentations by Douglas Reeves
- Leading for Creativity
- How Can You Be Creative in a Standards-Based Environment?
- The Diamond and the Rock Pile: How to Regain Your Focus and Defeat the Law of Initiative Fatigue
- Assessing Creativity: A New Approach for Students, Teachers, and Educational Leader
- Creativity in the Classroom: Modeling Practices for Student Innovation and Success
- Change Leadership in Action: The Seven Essentials of Sustainable Change
- Leadership Focus
- Assessing 21st Century Skills for Learning, Teaching, and Leadership
- Integrating Common Core Standards in the Classroom
- Resilience: Bouncing Back With Hope, Optimism, and Purpose
- Creativity: How to Value, Nurture, and Encourage Creativity by Leaders, Teachers, and Students
- Getting Feedback Right