Anne E. Conzemius
Anne E. Conzemius, a trainer and coach, has served as director of employee development and training for Wisconsin’s Department of Employment Relations, and as assistant state superintendent at the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction.
Anne E. Conzemius
Anne E. Conzemius is a trainer and coach. She served as director of employee development and training for Wisconsin’s Department of Employment Relations from 1988 to 1990. From 1992 to 1995, she returned to her roots in education and served as assistant state superintendent at the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction.
Anne began her career in education in 1978 as a school psychologist. In her six years with Marshall Public Schools, she led the district’s staff development, gifted, talented, and special education programs. In 1984, she became a professional development consultant for the DPI, where she oversaw the Education for Economic Security Act initiative for teacher development in math, science, and foreign language.
Anne’s work experience also includes various part-time positions in higher education, including lead program developer and instructor for the Academy for Continuous Improvement, University of Wisconsin-Madison and the Institute for the Development of Effective Administrative Leadership, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
Anne’s work has been published in local, state, and national educational newsletters and journals. She is coauthor of four books and a contributor to the graduate textbook Programming for Staff Development: Fanning the Flame and Realizing Our Vision of Languages for All. In 1994, Anne was recognized by the Wisconsin Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development as a Distinguished Leader in Education.
She holds master’s degrees in educational psychology and industrial relations from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Presentations by Anne E. Conzemius
- Leadership in a Learning Community
- SMART Tools for SMART Schools
- Developing Leadership Capacity
- Getting Started With SMART
- SMART Goals for Focused Vision
- The Power of SMART Goals
- Leadership in a Team Environment
- Putting Vision Into Action
- The Power of Data and Collaboration in Building PLCs
- Building Shared Responsibility for Improving Student Learning
- SMART Goals Bring Accountability to School Improvement
- Facilitating Data-Driven School Improvement
- Staying the Course: Continuous School Improvement
- Creating Accountability Systemwide
- Transformation From the Middle-Out: School-Based Leadership for the 21st Century
- Leading for Learning and Change
- Creating Positive, Vibrant, Accountable Learning Communities
- Leadership for the 21st Century