Paul Goldberg, EdD, is superintendent at East Prairie School District in Skokie, IL. He has led diverse, low-income schools to high levels of success.
Paul Goldberg, EdD, is superintendent at East Prairie School District in Skokie, IL. In two years, the district brought student learning results to the highest levels in history, surpassing pre-pandemic levels. Student growth more than doubled in the second year of professional learning community (PLC) and response to intervention (RTI) implementation. U.S. News & World Report rated it one of the best elementary and middle schools in the country.
Formerly, as assistant superintendent, he led the largest K–8 district in Illinois to All Things PLC status. In this role, he supported the districtwide PLC and led the school- and district-improvement processes with a focus on balanced accountability. This balanced approach emphasized both student learning and the growth of the whole child through a positive culture and high-functioning learning community.
Dr. Goldberg was previously principal of John Muir Literacy Academy (an elementary school) and Robert Frost Junior High School. He has led diverse, low-income schools to high levels of success. In these different roles, he supported and led the implementation of PLC and RTI. Dr. Goldberg was the Principal of the Year nominee for North Cook County, Illinois, in 2014.
As principal of John Muir, a Title I school, Dr. Goldberg helped lead the school from the lowest to the highest literacy growth scores out of 28 schools in the district. As principal of Robert Frost Junior High School, he helped the school become one of only two public secondary schools in Illinois to earn a 2011 National Blue Ribbon Award. Through effective system implementation and a results orientation, the school became a three-time winner of the Academic Excellence Award.
Schaumburg District 54, John Muir Literacy Academy, and Robert Frost Junior High School are all featured on AllThingsPLC.info.
Dr. Goldberg received a bachelor’s degree from the University of Illinois, a master’s degree and superintendent’s endorsement from National Louis University, and a doctorate from Loyola University Chicago.
PLC at Work®
PLC at Work® experts have proven success in leading the PLC at Work process in a school or district. Work with them to implement a focus on learning, build a collaborative culture, and create a results orientation that leads to sustained, substantive school improvement.
RTI at Work™
RTI at Work experts focus on learning for all students and will empower you to build your own timely, targeted, and systematic intervention program. Work with them to implement a results-driven program that provides targeted instruction at all tiers of intervention.
Presentations by Paul Goldberg
- The Impact of PLC Concepts on Student Learning and Staff Collaboration
- Professional Learning Communities 101
- Intervention Systems and PLC Strategies that Achieve Results
- Balanced Accountability
- School and District Improvement
- Getting Results in a PLC
- Common Formative Assessments
- RTI in a PLC
- Curriculum-Aligned Acceleration
- Flexible Intervention/Enrichment in Junior High and Secondary Schools
- Academic Systems that Get Results in a PLC
- Strategies to Implement Positive Behavior Intervention and Supports
- Systematic Behavior Methods at the Universal, Secondary, and Tertiary Levels
- How to Lead a School Focused on Positive Behavior Systems at the Universal, Secondary, and Tertiary Levels
- Strategies to Overcome Staff Division and Improve School Culture
- Creating Change Using PLC Concepts and Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports
“The most valuable aspect when working with Paul is always the conversations. He listens carefully and speaks from experience when offering solutions and strategies.“