The Metacognitive Student
How to Teach Academic, Social, and Emotional Intelligence in Every Content Area
Dive deep into the what and how of structured SELf-questioning—a powerful metacognitive strategy you can use to support students academically, socially, and emotionally.
Empower students to be independent thinkers and adept at self-reflection
What if there was one strategy you could use to support students academically, socially, and emotionally? It exists—and it’s simple, straightforward, and practical. In this results-focused resource, the authors dive deep into the what and how of structured SELf-questioning. Begin using this powerful academic and socioemotional approach in your own classroom to develop students into thriving thinkers who are confident, healthy, adaptive, and resilient.
- Grasp the severity of the stress and anxiety teachers and students face in schools and how metacognitive SELf-questioning can reduce both.
- Learn to implement effective SELf-questioning into instruction to foster social-emotional learning (SEL).
- Review scenarios that depict use of the SELf-questioning strategy in every content area and grade level.
- Gain insight into how advanced SELf-questioning can achieve transfer of learning in the classroom to any academic or social context.
- Autonomously customize and create your own SELf-question sets and apply them to any situation within or outside of school.
Product Code: BKF954
Published By: Solution Tree