Triage Your School
A Physician's Guide to Preventing Teacher Burnout
Author Christopher Jenson writes, “Often we’re lulled into believing we’ve fixed a deep-seated issue when all we did was resolve surface-level issues.” This book is your guide for going deep, with five action items to navigate your work demands, next steps for implementation, and tools for classrooms.
Practical solutions for preventing teacher burnout
Triage Your School offers school leaders insight into why current attempts to resolve educator burnout often fail and provides meaningful solutions. Engage in your work with a new perspective. Apply operational strategies from leading healthcare settings that scale well to school operations and prevent teachers from leaving the profession. When educators triage daily tasks, share workflow across teams, create emotional boundaries, and cultivate other essential skills, the demands of the job will no longer exceed their capacity.
K–12 school administrators and teachers will:
- Learn why self-care practices alone aren’t solving the educator burnout crisis
- Focus on five action items that mitigate the driving forces behind most cases of teacher burnout
- Reconnect with their passion as educators while creating appropriate boundaries and acknowledging limits
- Explore and implement a triage process to manage an ever-expanding workflow
- Be guided with next steps and receive tools to implement in classrooms
- Be prepared to acknowledge and respond to serious challenges, like the youth mental health crisis, which requires intentional care
Product Code: BKG137
Published By: Solution Tree