Creating a Safe and Predictable School Environment
Lead a foundational shift in the way your school approaches student behavior. Using straightforward language, the authors offer research-based, practical strategies for understanding and supporting trauma-impacted students and providing a safe environment for them to learn.
Lead a foundational shift in the way your school approaches student behavior. Trauma-Sensitive Leadership offers research-based, practical strategies for understanding and supporting trauma-impacted students rather than “fixing” them. Using straightforward language, the authors illustrate how to integrate new mindsets into daily practice to get to the core of critical issues like social-emotional safety and wellness for students and adults alike.
- Understand childhood trauma and the impact traumatic experiences have on both students and educators.
- Develop a trauma-sensitive attitude and mindset to help lead teachers in supporting students experiencing trauma.
- Examine school structures and environments that support trauma-sensitive practices while recognizing those that may contribute to trauma.
- Learn how to develop trusting and positive relationships with trauma-impacted students and their families.
- Plan and maintain a trauma-informed school beyond the initial years of implementation.
Product Code: BKF911
Published By: Solution Tree