Teacher Leaders, Classroom Champions
How to Influence, Support, and Renew School Communities
Teacher leadership is not about doing more, it’s about doing what matters most. We can’t put more hours in the school day, but those hours can be used better to achieve goals for schools. The purpose of this book is to provide information that teacher leaders can act on right now.
Teacher-specific perspectives and leadership strategies for developing collective teacher efficacy
This book shares a vision of teacher leadership not as teachers who lead other teachers but as those who take responsibility in supporting other teachers, students, and families in a variety of ways. With templates and tools to record next steps in every chapter, teachers will have a clear path to activate school improvement from within their own classrooms.
This book will help K–12 teachers:
- Learn how to make incremental but significant changes in classrooms
- Implement, refine, and share new ideas in a continual cycle of improvement
- Find inspiration for spearheading new efforts, modifying current practices, or stopping practices that aren't working
- Realize the collaborative efforts that are necessary for schoolwide change
- Recognize the many forms that leadership takes and how all of these can contribute to improving school culture and student outcomes
LeadershipSchool ImprovementTeacher Efficacy
Product Code: BKG110
Published By: Solution Tree
Page Count: 112