Mindsets and Skill Sets for Learning
A Framework for Building Student Agency
Rely on Mindsets and Skill Sets for Learning to help you cultivate confident thinkers who have a strong sense of agency over their lives. Use this guide to enhance your classroom culture with targeted, student-centered learning.
Add this eBook to your credit card purchase and gain immediate access.
eBooks are available on desktop, Android, and iOS via Adobe Digital Editions. eBook purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. Please visit the eBook FAQ for more information.
Your guide to fostering learner self-agency and increasing student engagement
Cultivate confident thinkers who have a strong sense of agency over their lives. In Mindsets and Skill Sets for Learning, author Bill Zima clearly outlines what student agency looks and sounds like in the classroom. Rely on the book’s framework to help you develop a learner-centered classroom culture, establish well-defined learning targets, deliberately plan and structure lessons, and more.
- Explore the framework for building agency, and understand the importance of developing self-agency in students.
- Receive detailed explanations of each component of the framework and end-of-chapter assignments that ask readers to apply their learning.
- Study the agency unit planner, and utilize the planner to design student-centered learning experiences that develop learner agency and skills.
- Receive firsthand perspectives from teachers and students who have transformed learning and increased student engagement with the framework.
Product Code: BKL051, EKL041
Published By: Marzano Resources
Page Count: 168
“Pioneers in competency-based education and personalized learning believe that student agency is the bedrock of meaningful change in the field. With varying views informing classroom teachers and school leaders’ decisions, Bill Zima provides a unifying framework for what student agency is and how to achieve it. Mindsets and Skillsets for Learning carefully outlines a logical progression from establishing a classroom culture through multiple instructional moves, all designed to nurture students’ beliefs that they have the ability to change their lives. This book is more than another meaningful contribution to the broader discussion about student agency. Zima differentiates his work by leveraging his considerable experiences as an educator and coach, particularly in competency-based systems, to bring simplicity to complexity. Mindsets and Skills for Learning is a book that will last the test of time, inspiring educators with clarity and direction as they prepare students for a rewarding future.”
When can I access my eBook? Your eBook will be accessible through VitalSource once your payment has been processed.*
*When using a check or purchase order, the order submitted online will not be processed until Solution Tree receives the check or a copy of the signed official purchase order. Your purchase order must note payment terms of net 30 days. We cannot process purchase orders that do not note these payment terms. Please submit all payments to [email protected].
How do I access my eBook?
To access your eBook:
- Create a free VitalSource account by visiting VitalSource.com. If you already have a VitalSource account, please log in to your account.
- Paste the redemption code that Solution Tree will email you in the “Redemption Code” field on VitalSource.com/Redeem. (Note: You can also access your redemption code within your Solution Tree account under the “eBook” section.)
- Click “Redeem.”
- Enjoy! Once your code is redeemed, your book will be added to your VitalSource Bookshelf and can be read anytime, anywhere.
What are the technical requirements for accessing the eBook? A VitalSource account is required. To sign up for your free account, please visit VitalSource.com.
What are the shipping and handling costs? There are no shipping or handling costs associated with eBooks. For paperback and hardcover book purchases, standard shipping costs apply. Please visit the Product Orders page for more information on shipping and handling costs.
Can I purchase multiple copies of the same eBook? Bulk orders are not currently available through the website. Website purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. If you want to order multiple copies of an eBook, please contact customer support at [email protected].
What if I need to request a refund on my eBook order? RETURN POLICY: We are unable to accept returns or cancel previously placed eBook orders.