Growing Tomorrow’s Citizens in Today’s Classrooms
Assessing Seven Critical Competencies
Promote student mastery of essential 21st century skills, including collaboration, critical and creative thinking, digital citizenship, and more. Learn the qualities of the most important soft skills and how we can assess and measure them.
Add this eBook to your credit card purchase and gain immediate access.
eBooks are available on desktop, Android, and iOS via Adobe Digital Editions. eBook purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. Please visit the eBook FAQ for more information.
Teaching strategies for soft skills and 21st-century-skills assessment methods
Rapid innovation is transforming the way people think, work, and connect. For students to succeed today, they must acquire the knowledge and 21st century skills required for college and career readiness. Practical and research-based, this resource will help you design meaningful, relevant skill assessment and instruction that promotes student mastery of critical competencies, including collaboration, problem-solving and critical thinking skills, creative thinking skills, communication skills, digital citizenship, self-regulation, and more.
Use the most effective practices for teaching soft skills to increase college and career readiness:
- Explore the seven critical competencies necessary for success in the 21st century.
- Become familiar with good habits of mind, and pass those habits on to students to support their soft skill development.
- Learn how to teach critical thinking and other 21st century skills by facilitating learning that will develop the critical competencies in students.
- Develop powerful and effective soft skill assessment methods, such as student self-assessments, that will test student levels of competency in the seven critical areas.
- Access free reproducibles to supplement your understanding of the text and facilitate the book’s content in the classroom.
Product Code: BKF765, EKF360
Published By: Solution Tree
Page Count: 304
“Growing Tomorrow’s Citizens in Today’s Classrooms is a timely, relevant, and engaging resource that seamlessly combines multiple learning paradigms with seven critical competencies that students must have to succeed in the 21st century. It realistically unifies and balances research with practical applications and strategies that educators can put to use immediately in their classrooms.”
“Growing Tomorrow’s Citizens in Today’s Classrooms is a must-read for every forward-driven educator. This comprehensive guide promotes self-regulation, efficacy, and hope as three essential components that all schools must focus on as they build happiness agency for all learners. It provides research to support the shift, as well as the road map to get there, fostering realistic opportunities for achievement for all learners.”
When can I access my eBook? Your eBook will be accessible through VitalSource once your payment has been processed.*
*When using a check or purchase order, the order submitted online will not be processed until Solution Tree receives the check or a copy of the signed official purchase order. Your purchase order must note payment terms of net 30 days. We cannot process purchase orders that do not note these payment terms. Please submit all payments to [email protected].
How do I access my eBook?
To access your eBook:
- Create a free VitalSource account by visiting VitalSource.com. If you already have a VitalSource account, please log in to your account.
- Paste the redemption code that Solution Tree will email you in the “Redemption Code” field on VitalSource.com/Redeem. (Note: You can also access your redemption code within your Solution Tree account under the “eBook” section.)
- Click “Redeem.”
- Enjoy! Once your code is redeemed, your book will be added to your VitalSource Bookshelf and can be read anytime, anywhere.
What are the technical requirements for accessing the eBook? A VitalSource account is required. To sign up for your free account, please visit VitalSource.com.
What are the shipping and handling costs? There are no shipping or handling costs associated with eBooks. For paperback and hardcover book purchases, standard shipping costs apply. Please visit the Product Orders page for more information on shipping and handling costs.
Can I purchase multiple copies of the same eBook? Bulk orders are not currently available through the website. Website purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. If you want to order multiple copies of an eBook, please contact customer support at [email protected].
What if I need to request a refund on my eBook order? RETURN POLICY: We are unable to accept returns or cancel previously placed eBook orders.