On Your Mark
Challenging the Conventions of Grading and Reporting
Clarify the purpose of grades, craft a vision statement aligned with this purpose, and discover strategies to implement effective practices.
Add this eBook to your credit card purchase and gain immediate access.
eBooks are available on desktop, Android, and iOS via Adobe Digital Editions. eBook purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. Please visit the eBook FAQ for more information.
On Your Mark
Create and sustain a learning environment where students thrive and stakeholders are accurately informed of student progress. Clarify the purpose of grades, craft a vision statement aligned with this purpose, and discover research-based strategies to implement effective grading and reporting practices. Identify policies and practices that render grading inaccurate, and understand the role grades play in students future success and opportunities.
- Question traditional grading and reporting practices, and seek more accurate practices.
- Identify the purpose of grading, and ensure school and classroom visions, practices, and policies support it.
- Implement research-based grading and reporting practices that promote accurate, useful accounts of student learning.
- Understand why traditional practices, such as grading on the curve and offering plus or minus grades, dont fully report student academic performance.
- Examine grading and reporting policies, and make sure they support students, parents, and other stakeholders.
Product Code: BKF606, EKF215
Page Count: 144
Just finished reading "On Your Mark" by Thomas Guskey. Looking forward to making some changes to my grading practice! Thanks @tguskey !— Cayley Byrne (@feelthebyrne32) October 22, 2017
When can I access my eBook? Your eBook will be accessible through VitalSource once your payment has been processed.*
*When using a check or purchase order, the order submitted online will not be processed until Solution Tree receives the check or a copy of the signed official purchase order. Your purchase order must note payment terms of net 30 days. We cannot process purchase orders that do not note these payment terms. Please submit all payments to [email protected].
How do I access my eBook?
To access your eBook:
- Create a free VitalSource account by visiting VitalSource.com. If you already have a VitalSource account, please log in to your account.
- Paste the redemption code that Solution Tree will email you in the “Redemption Code” field on VitalSource.com/Redeem. (Note: You can also access your redemption code within your Solution Tree account under the “eBook” section.)
- Click “Redeem.”
- Enjoy! Once your code is redeemed, your book will be added to your VitalSource Bookshelf and can be read anytime, anywhere.
What are the technical requirements for accessing the eBook? A VitalSource account is required. To sign up for your free account, please visit VitalSource.com.
What are the shipping and handling costs? There are no shipping or handling costs associated with eBooks. For paperback and hardcover book purchases, standard shipping costs apply. Please visit the Product Orders page for more information on shipping and handling costs.
Can I purchase multiple copies of the same eBook? Bulk orders are not currently available through the website. Website purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. If you want to order multiple copies of an eBook, please contact customer support at [email protected].
What if I need to request a refund on my eBook order? RETURN POLICY: We are unable to accept returns or cancel previously placed eBook orders.