Beyond PLC Lite
Evidence-Based Teaching and Learning in a Professional Learning Community at Work®
Designed for teachers and leaders who want to disrupt the status quo, bust out of PLC Lite, and persistently pursue a culture of continuous improvement, this book carries it all. It emphasizes creating a student-centered approach to teaching and learning in a PLC that prioritizes student agency and efficacy.
Move beyond PLC Lite with a focus on student and teacher agency and efficacy
Becoming a PLC is no small feat—it requires years of collaboration and commitment. In this powerful guide, discover ten evidence-based actions to help move your school teams beyond “PLC Lite,” and center student agency and efficacy in curriculum, assessment, instruction, and intervention practices. Access sample rubrics, protocols, and templates designed to build a culture of continuous improvement.
This book will help K–12 educators:
- Learn the ten essential actions to elevate their PLC to the next level
- Encourage meaningful student participation through the gradual release of responsibility model
- Understand how to evaluate diverse student feedback
- Design curriculum and assessments centered on student agency and well-being
- Work with the four critical questions of intervention
- Explore how the three big ideas of a PLC intersect at the teacher, student, and school levels
Product Code: BKF913
Published By: Solution Tree