The Independent Learner
Metacognitive Exercises to Help K–12 Students Focus, Self-Regulate, and Persevere
Teachers will learn how to promote self-regulation in the classroom with research-based teaching strategies backed by evidence-based pedagogy—all while equipping students with crucial metacognitive models and the ability to take ownership of their learning.
Add this eBook to your credit card purchase and gain immediate access.
eBooks are available on desktop, Android, and iOS via Adobe Digital Editions. eBook purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. Please visit the eBook FAQ for more information.
Teacher’s guide to implementing research-based teaching strategies for self-regulated learning
Teach students how to self-regulate with research-affirmed, teacher-tested strategies. Perfect for teachers in any grade level or content area, this book will give you the tools you need to equip students with metacognitive skills and the ability to take ownership of their learning. Support students as they learn how to build intrinsic motivation, emotional literacy, and problem-solving skills—all essential for future success.
K–12 teachers will use this problem-solving model to:
- Learn the benefits and components of self-regulated learning
- Encourage students to take ownership of their learning by providing authentic, challenging learning experiences
- Discover numerous research-based strategies and activities that can be used across grade levels and subject areas
- Create an engaging classroom culture that promotes student agency in education
- Receive reproducible tools and educational templates you can use to maximize student learning
Product Code: BKG017, EKF579
Published By: Solution Tree
“The introduction clearly states the purpose of the book is to provide useful strategies along with the research that backs [them] up. Throughout the book, the author does just that. The descriptions are clear and examples are provided to ensure that teachers can literally take strategies from this book and implement them the next day.”
“The comprehensive content is appealing to educators who serve multiple grade levels and content areas, or to make available to school campuses as a professional learning resource.”
“This book is easy to read and follow, and the external links and the reproducible materials are excellent.”
When can I access my eBook? Your eBook will be accessible through VitalSource once your payment has been processed.*
*When using a check or purchase order, the order submitted online will not be processed until Solution Tree receives the check or a copy of the signed official purchase order. Your purchase order must note payment terms of net 30 days. We cannot process purchase orders that do not note these payment terms. Please submit all payments to [email protected].
How do I access my eBook?
To access your eBook:
- Create a free VitalSource account by visiting VitalSource.com. If you already have a VitalSource account, please log in to your account.
- Paste the redemption code that Solution Tree will email you in the “Redemption Code” field on VitalSource.com/Redeem. (Note: You can also access your redemption code within your Solution Tree account under the “eBook” section.)
- Click “Redeem.”
- Enjoy! Once your code is redeemed, your book will be added to your VitalSource Bookshelf and can be read anytime, anywhere.
What are the technical requirements for accessing the eBook? A VitalSource account is required. To sign up for your free account, please visit VitalSource.com.
What are the shipping and handling costs? There are no shipping or handling costs associated with eBooks. For paperback and hardcover book purchases, standard shipping costs apply. Please visit the Product Orders page for more information on shipping and handling costs.
Can I purchase multiple copies of the same eBook? Bulk orders are not currently available through the website. Website purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. If you want to order multiple copies of an eBook, please contact customer support at [email protected].
What if I need to request a refund on my eBook order? RETURN POLICY: We are unable to accept returns or cancel previously placed eBook orders.