What STEM Can Do for Your Classroom
Improving Student Problem Solving, Collaboration, and Engagement, Grades K–6
This book will help you teach creativity through STEM, focusing on authentic student collaboration and choice while offering examples and field-tested strategies for how to get there.
Add this eBook to your credit card purchase and gain immediate access.
eBooks are available on desktop, Android, and iOS via Adobe Digital Editions. eBook purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. Please visit the eBook FAQ for more information.
Supplement the great teaching you’re already doing with these field-tested STEM strategies.
Author and educator Jason McKenna describes how teaching STEM education in his elementary school changed his classroom and his life, improving his students’ and his own approaches to problem solving, collaboration, and general motivation to learn. Offering examples, tried and tested classroom projects, and collaborative strategies, this innovative resource opens up STEM education in K–6 classrooms in exciting and expansive new ways.
K–6 educators will:
- Understand the benefits and importance of STEM in elementary schools
- Build resiliency and curiosity in students
- Discover a variety of classroom instruction strategies to approach STEM assessment
- Read vignettes discussing STEM implementation across grade levels
- Use new strategies to engage and motivate student learning through voice and choice
Product Code: BKG088, EKF633
Published By: Solution Tree
"From prompts teachers can use in response to student-voiced concerns to overarching design and instructional principles to the dozens of classroom-ready activities sprinkled throughout, it is clear that this is a book by a teacher for teachers."
"What STEM Can Do for Your Classroom is packed with practical and engaging tips that will help any teacher bring the joy of creating and interacting with the world to standards-aligned learning."
"What STEM Can Do for Your Classroom will inspire your creativity and push your thinking on how to integrate STEM to a new level."
Explore these powerful tools to help reach your goals.
When can I access my eBook? Your eBook will be accessible through VitalSource once your payment has been processed.*
*When using a check or purchase order, the order submitted online will not be processed until Solution Tree receives the check or a copy of the signed official purchase order. Your purchase order must note payment terms of net 30 days. We cannot process purchase orders that do not note these payment terms. Please submit all payments to [email protected].
How do I access my eBook?
To access your eBook:
- Create a free VitalSource account by visiting VitalSource.com. If you already have a VitalSource account, please log in to your account.
- Paste the redemption code that Solution Tree will email you in the “Redemption Code” field on VitalSource.com/Redeem. (Note: You can also access your redemption code within your Solution Tree account under the “eBook” section.)
- Click “Redeem.”
- Enjoy! Once your code is redeemed, your book will be added to your VitalSource Bookshelf and can be read anytime, anywhere.
What are the technical requirements for accessing the eBook? A VitalSource account is required. To sign up for your free account, please visit VitalSource.com.
What are the shipping and handling costs? There are no shipping or handling costs associated with eBooks. For paperback and hardcover book purchases, standard shipping costs apply. Please visit the Product Orders page for more information on shipping and handling costs.
Can I purchase multiple copies of the same eBook? Bulk orders are not currently available through the website. Website purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. If you want to order multiple copies of an eBook, please contact customer support at [email protected].
What if I need to request a refund on my eBook order? RETURN POLICY: We are unable to accept returns or cancel previously placed eBook orders.