Bob Sonju is an award-winning educational leader, author, and speaker nationally recognized for his energetic commitment to coaching educational leaders and teacher teams in research-based processes and systems that create the conditions for lasting success.
Bob Sonju is an award-winning educational leader, author, and speaker nationally recognized for his energetic commitment to coaching educational leaders and teacher teams in research-based processes and systems that create the conditions for lasting success. Bob has led two separate schools to national Model PLC at Work® status; one of his schools also received the prestigious National Breakthrough School Award from the National Association of Secondary School Principals. As a district leader, Bob led the implementation of the professional learning communities process in a district composed of over 50 schools.
Bob was named Principal of the Year by the Utah Association of Secondary School Principals and was selected as one of three finalists for National Principal of the Year by the National Association of Secondary School Principals. His work has been published in the Solution Tree books It’s About Time, Best Practices at Tier 2, Help Your Team, and Women Who Lead, as well as in the magazine Principal Leadership.
Bob earned a bachelor’s degree, a master’s degree, and an endorsement in school administration from Southern Utah University.
PLC at Work®
PLC at Work® experts have proven success in leading the PLC at Work process in a school or district. Work with them to implement a focus on learning, build a collaborative culture, and create a results orientation that leads to sustained, substantive school improvement.
RTI at Work™
RTI at Work experts focus on learning for all students and will empower you to build your own timely, targeted, and systematic intervention program. Work with them to implement a results-driven program that provides targeted instruction at all tiers of intervention.
Presentations by Bob Sonju
- Simplifying the Journey: Eliminate the Educational Noise and Focus on the Processes of Learning
- Proven Practices of PLC Leaders: Targeted Actions and Practices for Those Who Lead
- What Difference Can We Make? Gaining Shared Clarity to Increase Team Impact
- Help Our Team! Overcoming Common Team Challenges in a PLC at Work
- The Foundation of a PLC: Developing a Compelling Purpose and Commitments That Drive the Work of Your School
- Extra Time and Support: Designing RTI Structures for Your Team and School
- From Chaos to Clarity: Aligning the Work of Districts, Schools, and Teams
- Better: Practical Intervention Strategies for the Middle Level
- Courageous Leadership in a Professional Learning Community
- Building Managers vs. Those Who Lead
“Bob’s experience is unmatched. His validity comes from vast experience.”
“Made the content easy to understand and doable.”
“Bob presents from the heart. It is evident he cares and believes in this work.”
“Bob’s authenticity and enthusiasm are contagious!”