Supporting Beginning Teachers, Second Edition
Support and retain your best and brightest new teachers. With the guidance of the second edition of this acclaimed book, establish programs for better beginning teacher support and professional growth. Learn tips for overwhelmed teachers and how to address high teacher burnout.
Tips for beginning teacher support to reduce teacher stress and burnout
Support and retain your best and brightest new teachers. The second edition of this acclaimed book retains much of what made the original a classic, but now offers the latest research along with new insights, strategies, and best practices. Whether you’re a K–12 mentor, coach, or school leader, you will gain evidence-based actions you can take today to successfully guide educators during their initial years in the profession.
Use this book to better support overwhelmed teachers during their first, critical years:
- Understand why good teachers quit, the causes of high turnover rates, and how to deal with burnout.
- Learn how to create a comprehensive mentoring program, designed to offer career guidance and build new teachers' expertise by targeting their unique needs.
- Review numerous strategies pertaining to four types of support: (1) physical, (2) institutional, (3) emotional, and (4) instructional.
- Discover how to foster positive mentor-mentee relationships for beginning teacher support and professional growth.
- Find reproducible tools, templates, and reflection questions to enhance your understanding.
Product Code: BKL065
Published By: Marzano Resources
Page Count: 136