The General Education Teacher’s Guide to Autism
Essential Answers to Key Questions
Find the answers to all your autism-related questions in this informative, dynamic resource. Collect practical strategies to help you address the common challenges facing these neurodiverse students in an inclusive environment while also learning to celebrate the unique strengths and perspectives these students bring to the classroom.
Add this eBook to your credit card purchase and gain immediate access.
eBooks are available on desktop, Android, and iOS via Adobe Digital Editions. eBook purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. Please visit the eBook FAQ for more information.
Your guide to supporting the special needs of children on the autism spectrum
Find the answers to all your autism-related questions in The General Education Teacher’s Guide to Autism: Essential Answers to Key Questions. From this informative, dynamic resource, you will collect practical strategies to address the common challenges facing these neurodiverse students in an inclusive environment, while also learning to celebrate the unique strengths and perspectives these students bring to the classroom.
- Learn to ease the anxieties that are present among students on the autism spectrum
- Discover ways to address executive function challenges that can contribute to disorganization, impulsivity, and learning difficulties
- Collect practical strategies for easing sensory stress in the classroom
- Gather strategies for capturing engagement and helping students assimilate knowledge in meaningful ways
- Understand speech, language, and socialization patterns and gather strategies for facilitating effective interaction
- Learn to decode disruptive behaviors and respond to them in differentiated ways that yield lasting change
- Cultivate ways to develop a classroom community that celebrates and embraces all kinds of diversity
- Explore the perspectives of parents and guardians of students on the spectrum to facilitate powerful partnerships and optimize outcomes for students
Product Code: BKG055, EKF617
Published By: Solution Tree
Page Count: 232
“I’m the parent of two autistic adults, a veteran teacher, and a disability activist. No matter which lens I use, this book is simply excellent. I highly recommend it to all those who care about improving the educational experiences of autistic students. . . . This is a must-read for educators who want their autistic students to feel safe and valued in the classroom.”
“This book is a much-needed resource for every general teacher, and the well-written introduction sets the tone and expectation of clarity. As a former high school teacher and mother of a Black autistic son, this nuanced discussion on supporting students reminds us as educators that students on the autism spectrum are whole people with families, cultural norms, and expectations beyond the classroom. Boroson’s perspective of being both a mother and educator approaches this duality with an insightful and transparent deference to both the failures and successes of parenting and teaching.”
“As someone who is on the spectrum, I can truly say that teachers will be able to make use of the information about autism presented in this guide.”
When can I access my eBook? Your eBook will be accessible through VitalSource once your payment has been processed.*
*When using a check or purchase order, the order submitted online will not be processed until Solution Tree receives the check or a copy of the signed official purchase order. Your purchase order must note payment terms of net 30 days. We cannot process purchase orders that do not note these payment terms. Please submit all payments to [email protected].
How do I access my eBook?
To access your eBook:
- Create a free VitalSource account by visiting VitalSource.com. If you already have a VitalSource account, please log in to your account.
- Paste the redemption code that Solution Tree will email you in the “Redemption Code” field on VitalSource.com/Redeem. (Note: You can also access your redemption code within your Solution Tree account under the “eBook” section.)
- Click “Redeem.”
- Enjoy! Once your code is redeemed, your book will be added to your VitalSource Bookshelf and can be read anytime, anywhere.
What are the technical requirements for accessing the eBook? A VitalSource account is required. To sign up for your free account, please visit VitalSource.com.
What are the shipping and handling costs? There are no shipping or handling costs associated with eBooks. For paperback and hardcover book purchases, standard shipping costs apply. Please visit the Product Orders page for more information on shipping and handling costs.
Can I purchase multiple copies of the same eBook? Bulk orders are not currently available through the website. Website purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. If you want to order multiple copies of an eBook, please contact customer support at [email protected].
What if I need to request a refund on my eBook order? RETURN POLICY: We are unable to accept returns or cancel previously placed eBook orders.