The New Art and Science of Teaching Institute
- $669.00 per person for teams of 5 or more
Join Robert J. Marzano and his team of experts as they translate groundbreaking research into classroom-ready strategies. During this three-day event, you and your team will learn how to make the most of The New Art and Science of Teaching framework, which is a greatly expanded version of the acclaimed The Art and Science of Teaching.
Based on Dr. Marzano’s 50 years of education research, the framework focuses on student outcomes and highlights how to ensure every student achieves his or her peak academic success. Attend keynotes and breakout sessions designed to optimize your learning and prepare you to fully implement this powerful model in your classroom, school, or district.
- Experience how to focus on key principles of impactful teaching and successful learning.
- Gain engagement strategies to help students pay attention and be energized, intrigued, and inspired.
- Understand how to shift gradually to a competency-based system.
- Explore instructional strategies that correspond to each of the 43 elements, which have been carefully designed to maximize student engagement and achievement.
- Experience effective questioning strategies to help students go beyond their initial learning.
- Deepen understanding of chunking content into small, understandable increments.
- Utilize ten design questions that will help determine which classroom strategies you should use to foster student learning.
- Analyze the behavioral evidence that proves the strategies of an element are helping learners achieve academic success.
- Acquire tools and scales specific to the essential teaching and learning elements.
Learn from leading experts
Hear from our attendees
“I love the way Solution Tree events make teachers feel—important, empowered, innovative!”
Onsite Solution Tree Bookstore Open Throughout Event
Agenda and speakers are subject to change.
Thursday, September 28th
Registration and Continental Breakfast
|11:30 a.m.–1:00 p.m.||
Lunch (on your own)
|2:45–3:30 p.m.||Panel Discussion & Closing|
Friday, September 29th
|11:30 a.m.–1:00 p.m.||
Lunch (on your own)
|2:45–3:30 p.m.||Team Time|
Saturday, September 30th
Robert J. Marzano, PhD, is cofounder and Chief Academic Officer of Marzano Research in Colorado. A leading researcher in education, he is a speaker, trainer, and author of more than 40 books and 300 articles.
Tina H. Boogren, PhD, is a former classroom teacher, English department chair, teacher mentor, instructional coach, professional developer, athletic coach, and building-level leader.
Tammy Heflebower, EdD, is a highly sought-after school leader and consultant with vast experience in urban, rural, and suburban districts throughout the world.
Mitzi Hoback, a consultant and trainer, is former director of professional development for a regional education agency. She has also been a classroom teacher, a lead teacher, and a coordinator of gifted education.
Jeanie Iberlin, EdD, associate superintendent of Johnson County School District in Wyoming, leads administrators, instructional facilitators, teachers, and other staff members in the areas of curriculum, instruction, assessment, evaluation, and professional development.
Cameron Rains is director of curriculum and instruction for Clark-Pleasant Community schools in Indiana. He has worked with over 30 schools as a district administrator.
Mike Ruyle, EdD, served as a teacher, an athletic coach, an assistant principal, and a program director in the San Francisco Bay Area and Montana for 28 years.
Presenters are subject to change.
Events reach capacity quickly. Please confirm your registration before making travel plans.
Hotel Parking: $10 Daily
All rates are per day and subject to change.
Use this link to receive a 10% discount on Advantage Rent A Car.
In order to receive the discounted hotel room rate, please mention Solution Tree. After the deadline listed below, rates will be determined by the hotel.
Hilton Orlando6001 Destination Parkway
Orlando, FL 32819
Discounted Rate: (single or double) $199 per night + $12 resort fee
Deadline: September 12, 2017 or until group rate is sold out.
“The content was very rich and useful to our district’s goals.”
“I've attended four Solution Tree events, and I always leave impressed and motivated to continue our daily work in increasing student achievement.”
“Thank you for sharing all this great information!”
“Not only were the speakers dynamic, but the Solution Tree staff was attentive, helpful, and friendly!”
6001 Destination Parkway
On-Site Solution Tree Bookstore Discounts
- 30% off 5 or more Solution Tree titles or resources
- Buy 10 or more Solution Tree titles or resources and receive 30% off and free shipping
- On-site bookstore open daily throughout the event
Discounts above are for on-site purchases only. Does not include any non-Solution Tree product, toolkit, or sale table items. Continental US only.
Included with your registration
This title is a greatly expanded volume of the original The Art and Science of Teaching, offering a framework for substantive change based on Dr. Marzano’s 50 years of education research.