Design in Five
Essential Phases to Create Engaging Assessment Practice
Discover how to work with your school team to create innovative, effective, engaging assessments using a five-phase design protocol.
Add this eBook to your credit card purchase and gain immediate access.
eBooks are available on desktop, Android, and iOS via Adobe Digital Editions. eBook purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. Please visit the eBook FAQ for more information.
Design in Five
Fully engage learners in your classroom. Discover how to create high-quality assessments using a five-phase design protocol. Explore types and traits of quality assessment, and learn how to develop assessments that are innovative, effective, and engaging. Evaluate whether your current assessments meet the design criteria, and discover how to use this process collaboratively with your team.
- Create engaging assessments that accurately report students progress.
- Design assessments that help students learn from their mistakes and motivate them to improve.
- Work collaboratively to analyze standards and create common assessments.
- Evaluate the cognitive level of assessment items and tasks.
- Gain access to reproducibles and other recommended resources to deepen your understanding of assessment.
Product Code: BKF604, EKF213
Page Count: 176
“This book thoughtfully explores the work of creating assessments purposely designed to make a difference in student learning. Using its practical five-step process, teachers can easily move from unpacking rigorous standards to writing and administering effective assessments that will provide usable information about what to do next in the classroom. The book also contains creative and realistic suggestions about how to use these results to engage students in their own learning. Practitioners will truly value the ease design in five brings to their work with assessment.”
“Design in Five provides a powerful opportunity for exponential learning team growth. Its goals of collaborative engagement, understanding standards, balanced assessment, targeting learning, and creating invested and engaged scholars will inspire hope in students and empower teachers. This is an essential tool for continuing to build and influence our learning communities.”
Explore these powerful tools to help reach your goals.
When can I access my eBook? Your eBook will be accessible through VitalSource once your payment has been processed.*
*When using a check or purchase order, the order submitted online will not be processed until Solution Tree receives the check or a copy of the signed official purchase order. Your purchase order must note payment terms of net 30 days. We cannot process purchase orders that do not note these payment terms. Please submit all payments to [email protected].
How do I access my eBook?
To access your eBook:
- Create a free VitalSource account by visiting VitalSource.com. If you already have a VitalSource account, please log in to your account.
- Paste the redemption code that Solution Tree will email you in the “Redemption Code” field on VitalSource.com/Redeem. (Note: You can also access your redemption code within your Solution Tree account under the “eBook” section.)
- Click “Redeem.”
- Enjoy! Once your code is redeemed, your book will be added to your VitalSource Bookshelf and can be read anytime, anywhere.
What are the technical requirements for accessing the eBook? A VitalSource account is required. To sign up for your free account, please visit VitalSource.com.
What are the shipping and handling costs? There are no shipping or handling costs associated with eBooks. For paperback and hardcover book purchases, standard shipping costs apply. Please visit the Product Orders page for more information on shipping and handling costs.
Can I purchase multiple copies of the same eBook? Bulk orders are not currently available through the website. Website purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. If you want to order multiple copies of an eBook, please contact customer support at [email protected].
What if I need to request a refund on my eBook order? RETURN POLICY: We are unable to accept returns or cancel previously placed eBook orders.