Leading a Competency-Based Secondary School
The Marzano Academies Model
This fourth book in the Marzano Academies series focuses on secondary school leadership for competency-based education. The beauty of the framework, however, is that any leader seeking guidance on innovative, equitable, and effective practices can use this book as a blueprint for positive change.
Become a transformational leader with field-tested competency-based education strategies
This is your blueprint for how you, as a secondary school leader, can implement an effective competency-based education system. Based on decades of research and refined in the Marzano Academies, the model presented in this book will aid you and your staff in the process of shifting from a traditional school to a high reliability, competency-based organization.
Middle school and high school leaders will:
- Learn about the Marzano Academies model and its application in secondary schools
- Explore a phased approach to transitioning to competency-based education
- Understand 16 school-level indicators and specific programs and practices for each
- Monitor the impact of each indicator through high reliability leadership
- Examine the roles of leaders during transformational change
Product Code: BKL056