Take the next critical steps on your PLC at Work® journey
When you are ready to lead your school to higher levels of learning, Implement It! will help you and your team put knowledge into action, utilizing the guidance and support of your coach.
How It Works:
Choose from four complementary learning tracks to focus on for six months.
Leverage the Leadership Guide, which includes five learning activities that leaders can adapt to their school’s current reality. Each activity in the Leadership Guide includes:
- Pre-work to set the foundations for the learning ahead
- A meeting agenda to keep you on course
- Post-work to solidify understanding and new skills
A certified coach will then work with your leadership team to answer questions and provide feedback during three 60-minute virtual coaching sessions.
All staff will participate in a 90-minute interactive web conference led by the same coach familiar with the needs and development goals of the school’s leadership team.
With each Implement It! Learning Topic, you will receive:
Topic-Based Leadership Guide
Virtual Coaching for up to 5 Leaders
Up to 3 60-minute sessions
Whole-Staff Interactive Web Conference
1 90-minute session
1-Year Global PD Library Access
One Corresponding Resource
Implement It! Collaborative Teams
Creating collaborative teams is foundational to the success of every professional learning community. With expert support, your school leadership team will learn essential next steps for deepening collaboration schoolwide. Five learning activities in this strand assist teams to address how to:
- Create collaborative teams
- Designate time for teams to do their work
- Define what teams need to accomplish
- Identify the critical questions that drive the work
- Create norms and collective commitments
- Assess team effectiveness
School leaders will then have the tools, knowledge, and skills to successfully guide their faculty and staff into the deeper implementation of creating a collaborative culture within their school.
Included Resource: Learning by Doing, Third Edition
Implement It! Common Formative Assessment
Providing structures that teams can follow is essential for a better understanding of how to create and effectively use common formative assessments, which are the linchpin of PLC at Work. Five learning activities in this strand assist teams to address how to:
- Unwrap power standards and focus on essential outcomes
- Achieve clarity on learning targets
- Build structures to help with designing common formative assessments
- Use protocols for examining data
School leaders will then have the tools, knowledge, and skills to successfully guide their faculty and staff to deepen their work around creating and using common formative assessments successfully.
Included Resource: Common Formative Assessment
Implement It! RTI at Work™
Providing a road map for creating an effective RTI system that ensures no student falls through a learning gap is essential to work in a professional learning community. Five learning activities in this strand assist teams to address how to:
- Develop a shared understanding of response to intervention
- Utilize essential standards
- Develop an instructional cycle and unit plans
- Provide supplemental support for students and intensive support for students
School leaders will then have the tools, knowledge, and skills to successfully guide their faculty and staff to deepen their work around developing a comprehensive RTI system in their school.
Included Resource: Taking Action: A Handbook for RTI at Work
Implement It! Essential Learning
In a PLC at Work, teachers ensure all students have access to the same essential standards regardless of the individual teacher to whom they are assigned. Equipping collaborative teams with the necessary skills to develop essential standards that support learning is a critical step toward a guaranteed and viable curriculum. Five learning activities in this strand assist teams to address how to:
- Develop learning targets and proficiency levels for each essential standard
- Create proficiency levels for each essential standard
- Design a process for creating pacing and assessment schedules
School leaders will then have the tools, knowledge, and skills to successfully guide their faculty and staff to deepen their work around ensuring high levels of learning for all students.
ST natural implement-it