Angela Peery, EdD, is a consultant and author with more than three decades of experience as an educator. Since 2003, she has made over a thousand presentations and has authored or coauthored thirteen books.
Angela Peery, EdD, is a consultant and author with more than three decades of experience as an educator. Since 2003, she has made over a thousand presentations and has authored or coauthored thirteen books. She has consulted with preK–12 educators to improve teacher collaboration, formative assessment, effective instruction, and literacy across the curriculum. In addition to her consulting work, she is a former instructional coach, high school administrator, graduate-level education professor, and English teacher at the middle school, high school, and college levels. Her wide range of experiences allows her to work shoulder-to-shoulder with colleagues in any setting to improve educational outcomes.
Dr. Peery has been a Courage to Teach fellow and an instructor for the National Writing Project. She maintains memberships in several national and international education organizations and is a frequent presenter at their conferences. The Data Teams Experience: A Guide to Effective Meetings (2011), her best-selling book, directly supports the work of PLCs. Her most recent publications and consulting work highlight the importance of teaching academic vocabulary.
A Virginia native, Dr. Peery earned her BA in English at Randolph-Macon Woman’s College, her MA in liberal arts at Hollins College, and her EdD at the University of South Carolina. Her professional licensures include secondary English, secondary administration, and K–12 gifted/talented education. She has also studied presentation design and delivery with experts Rick Altman and Nancy Duarte. In the last few years, she has engaged in graduate study in brain-based learning and global education.
Presentations by Angela Peery
- Ask, Don’t Tell: Powerful Questioning Techniques
- Blended Vocabulary
- Closely Looking at Close Reading
- Common Formative Assessments Make a Difference
- Creating Competent Writers
- Creating Text-Dependent Questions that Pack a Punch
- Data-Informed Instruction
- The Effective Instruction Audit
- A Fresh Look at Data for PLCs
- Getting Students on Board with Argumentation
- High-Impact Vocabulary
- Instant Impact Assessments
- Learning-Focused Leadership
- Rigor Walks: Collecting Data on Instruction
- Robust Writing Instruction
- Teach Argumentation (Almost) Effortlessly
- The Vocab Lab: Improve Academic Vocabulary with Targeted Mini-Lessons