Real-World Learning Framework for Secondary Schools
Digital Tools and Practical Strategies for Successful Implementation
Foster authentic learning in classrooms. Students desire to find meaning in what they learn and to exert creativity in their schoolwork. Using the Create framework, educators can help students find greater fulfillment in learning, while also meeting the guidelines of curriculum standards. Explore the framework's main components, and understand how to use the framework for classroom, school, and district pursuits.
- Learn each of the components of the research-based Create framework for lesson planning and how each component connects to student content standards.
- Discover the five levels of real-world learning.
- Answer questions to set up the Create framework for real-world learning.
- Consult examples of Create framework learning projects.
- Explore online tools and resources to promote online projects that engage students.
Get your copy today
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1: Real-World Learning
Chapter 2: Cognitive Complexity
Chapter 3: Student Engagement
Chapter 4: Technology Integration
Chapter 5: Implementation of the Create Excellence Framework
- Appendix: Online Resources and Tools
- Publications With Elements That Align With the Create Excellence Framework
- Amending School Rules: The Power of Interpretation
- Analyzing a Task or Project for Cognitive Complexity
- Analyzing a Task or Project for Real-World Learning
- Analyzing a Task or Project for Student Engagement
- Analyzing a Task or Project for Technology Integration
- Bakin' in the Sun: Engineering a Solar Oven
- Checklist for Preassessing a Task or Project
- Create Excellence Framework Task or Project Template
- Create Lesson Plan Template
- Critical-Thinking Dispositions Evaluation Form
- A Day in the Life of an Historian
- Discussion Tool for Student Work
- Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Landscaping
- The Do-Something Challenge
- Energy in Motion: Kinetic Energy
- Group Collaboration Feedback Instrument
- How Can We Improve Our Town?
- Mythbusters: Statistics Edition
- Personal Learning Survey
- Real-World Learning Levels of the Create Excellence Framework
- Revised Bloom's Taxonomy Quiz
- Sample Parent Letter
- Sample Student Clarification Questionnaire for an Engaging, Real-World Project
- School Solutions
- Sneaky Sneaker Salesman
- Standing Up for What You Believe In
- Taking Flight High Into the Sky
- Websites With Lessons Embedding Technologies
- What It Means to Be Green
- Why Do World Ecosystems Matter?
- A Word of Advice
Online Tools for Bloom's Level 1: Remember
Online Tools for Bloom's Level 2: Understand
- audioBoom for Education
- Google Docs
Online Tools for Bloom's Level 3: Apply
Online Tools for Bloom's Level 4: Analyze
Online Tools for Bloom's Level 5: Evaluate
Online Tools for Bloom's Level 6: Create
Online Tools for Taking Action
- Designing Instruction Using Revised Bloom's Taxonomy by Marge Maxwell
- Quizlet, "5 Written Questions”
- Create Excellence, "Resources”
- State of Washington Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction, Standards Crosswalk—Common Core & Educational Technology