Making Sense of Mathematics for Teaching Grades 6–8
Develop a deep understanding of mathematics. This user-friendly resource presents grades 6–8 teachers with a logical progression of pedagogical actions, classroom norms, and collaborative teacher team efforts to increase their knowledge and improve mathematics instruction. Explore strategies and techniques to effectively learn and teach significant mathematics concepts and provide all students with the precise, accurate information they need to achieve academic success.
- Access twelve exclusive videos that demonstrate how to teach students essential mathematics skills.
- Explore how to develop, select, and modify mathematics tasks in order to balance cognitive demand and engage students.
- Discover the three important norms to uphold in all mathematics classrooms.
- Learn to apply the tasks, questioning, and evidence (TQE) process to ensure mathematics instruction is focused, coherent, and rigorous.
- Gain clarity about the most productive progression of mathematical teaching and learning for grades 6–8.
Get your copy today
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1: Fraction Operations and Integer Concepts and Operations
Chapter 2: Ratios and Proportional Relationships
Chapter 3: Equations, Expressions, and Inequalities
Chapter 4: Functions
Chapter 5: Measurement and Geometry
Chapter 6: Statistics and Probability
Epilogue: Next Steps
SAMPLE CLASSROOM VIDEO
Links to additional videos can be found in the book.