Starting a Movement
Building Culture From the Inside Out in Professional Learning Communities
Infuse energy back into the practices of your PLC. Explore the authors' four-stage authentic alignment model, which will take you through the Why, Eye, How, and Now of transforming your school's culture. Through this inspiring guide, you'll discover how to bridge the gulf between principles and practice to cultivate an empowering environment that is committed to a cycle of continuous improvement.
- Use the authentic alignment model to align your schools' guiding principles and staff actions.
- Learn to express, clarify, and align beliefs so they are meaningful to teachers, staff, and other stakeholders.
- Create maximum buy-in among all members of the school community.
- Update practices to 21st century expectations to ensure learning for all students.
- Support PLC implementation in your school.
Get your copy today
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Introduction: Ready, Set, Stall . . .
Chapter 1: Wanted: Leaders at Every Level
Chapter 2: What Is Authentic Alignment?
Chapter 3: Exploring: The Why
Chapter 4: Envisioning: The Eye
Chapter 5: Connecting: The How
Chapter 6: Integrating: The Now
Chapter 7: Communication: Stories and Celebrations
Epilogue: Moving From Posters to Practice
- Figure 1.1: Leadership Team Inventory
- Figure 1.2: Leadership Competencies Evaluation Tool
- Figure 3.2: School History Map Activity Processing Template
- Figure 4.1: Critical Issues Assessment Chart
- Figure 4.2: Critical Issues Summary Template
- Figure 4.3: Sample Critical Issues Summary Template
- Figure 5.1: Chart for Rating Progress on Building Collaborative Culture in Your PLC—Flirting, Dating, or Being Engaged?
- Figure 5.2: Chart for Rating Progress on Defining What Every Student Must Learn—Flirting, Dating, or Being Engaged?
- Figure 5.3: Chart for Assessing Progress on Constantly Rating Effectiveness—Flirting, Dating, or Being Engaged?
- Figure 5.4: Chart for Rating Our Effectiveness on Systematically Responding When Students Do and Don't Learn—Flirting, Dating, or Being Engaged?
- Figure 5.5: Review Exercise for Shared Collective Commitments for the Essential Work of a PLC
- Figure 6.1: Examining the Critical Issues in the Now
- Figure 6.2: Template for Planning and Prioritizing Work
- Figure 7.1: Sample Aligned Celebration Form