Breaking the Poverty Barrier
Changing Student Lives With Passion, Perseverance, and Performance
Strong leadership, parent involvement, mentoring, data-based intervention, and high expectations are known factors in student success, but what do they really look like in practice—and are they as powerful as research says? This book illustrates the specific strategies and critical steps that transformed a school beset with poverty and shockingly low proficiency into a National Showcase School.
- Gain academic intervention strategies to build change from the inside out.
- Find additional strategies for handling negative student beliefs, attitudes, and traditions that get in the way of growth.
- Explore the core beliefs that lie at the heart of effective school leadership.
- Get reproducible letters that administrators and decision-makers can use in their own schools.
Get your copy today
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1: From Not-So-Good to Great
Chapter 2: Leading the Turnaround
Chapter 3: Parent Engagement Strategies
Chapter 4: Mentorship
Chapter 5: Our Reading Intervention
Chapter 6: Other Interventions
Chapter 7: Turnaround From the Inside Out
Chapter 8: Will the Granger Model Work in Any School?
- Academic Success Referral
- Letter to Parents: Spring Conferences
- Letter to Parents: Student Performance