Data-Based Decision Making
You're ready to start collecting and utilizing school data, but what data? How exactly will you find it, and how will you use it once you have it? This informative resource takes an in-depth look at best data collection practices and guides the elementary school principal on how to reach struggling learners, strengthen instruction, and achieve schoolwide improvement.
- Examine school issues and develop a data-based action plan.
- Self-reflect on your role as a principal at the end of every chapter.
- Consider how data can be used to reach students, teacher teams, and school leaders in order to achieve schoolwide improvement.
Get your copy today
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1: Data, Decisions, and the Principal in the Middle
Chapter 2: Creating the Context for Data Use
Chapter 3: Data to Guide Schoolwide Decisions
Chapter 4: Data to Support Struggling Students
Chapter 5: Data to Strengthen Classroom Instruction
Chapter 6: Data for Principal Planning and Performance
- Position of the Principal
- Is My School Culture Inquiry Oriented?
- Components of Data Use
- Assessment Framework Template
- Reflections on How I Strengthen Classroom Instruction
- Progress With Data Use
- Modeling Use of Data to Propel Progress and Document Results