Leveraging the Impact of Culture and Climate
Create a positive, collaborative culture that drives school improvement. By improving your school culture and climate, leaders can drive deep change, transform schools, and achieve high levels of learning for all.
- Understand the commonalities and differences between school climate and school culture.
- Identify the characteristics of specific types of classroom cultures for self-assessment and improvement in creating a positive classroom climate.
- Learn how to assess the values and beliefs of educators at the classroom and school levels.
- Discover your school's capacity for culture change using a step-by-step process.
- Consider how the elements of climate and culture influence school effectiveness and school improvement efforts.
Get your copy today
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Introduction: How Culture and Climate Can Improve Schools
Chapter 1: How to Define School Culture
Chapter 2: Differences Between Culture and Climate
Chapter 3: Elements of Climate
Chapter 4: Classroom Cultures
Chapter 5: The Culture Scorecard
Chapter 6: The Capacity to Change
Chapter 7: School Culture Assessment
Chapter 8: The Necessity of Culture Change
Chapter 9: A Closer Look at Values
Chapter 10: Not the Perfect Culture, the Right Culture
- Figure 6.1: Assessment for Individual Capacity to Change
- Figure 6.2: Assessment for Individual Social Influence
- Figure 6.3: Capacity to Change Matrix Template
- Figure 6.4: Capacity to Change Matrix With Cell Weights Example
- Figure 6.5: Capacity to Change Matrix With Scores Total per Row Example
- Figure 9.1: The Most Important Things in Your Life
- Figure 9.2: The Most Important Things in Your Work