Lisa Almeida has more than a decade of experience delivering professional development and implementation support to educators. She is recognized for effective leadership in areas such as standards, assessment, and professional learning communities.
Lisa Almeida has more than a decade of experience delivering professional development and implementation support to educators. She is recognized for effective leadership, teacher coaching, and content development in the areas of data-driven decision making, professional learning communities, standards-based reporting, and formative and performance-based assessments. She has served as a school district administrator, instructional coordinator, assistant principal, and teacher.
Lisa is a contributing author to numerous publications, including Navigating Assessment and Collaboration With the Common Core State Standards, Standards and Assessment: The Core of Quality Instruction, and Interactive Viewing Guide: Data Teams in Action. She has received professional certification in several areas, including leadership, mentor training, and English and reading. She is a member of the Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development.
Lisa earned a bachelor’s degree in English, along with teacher and reading certifications, from the College of Saint Mary in Nebraska and a master’s degree in educational administration from the University of Nebraska Omaha.
Common Core experts will work with you to ensure you have the capacity and know-how to embed the standards throughout your practice. Work with them to unpack standards and align instruction and assessment practices to the Common Core standards across content areas.
Presentations by Lisa Almeida
- Formative Assessments: Simple Strategies to Improve Effectiveness
- Using Short-Cycle Assessments: Taking Implementation to the Next Level
- Using Short-Cycle Assessments: Taking Implementation to the Next Level for Leaders
- Designing Formative Assessments
- Coaching Up Collaborative Teams: Making the Most of It!
- Formative Assessments: Simple Strategies to Improve Effectiveness for Leaders
- Designing Formative Assessments: An Overview for Leaders
- Coaching Up Collaborative Teams: The Site Leaders’ Role
- Collaborative Team Facilitators: Supporting the Teacher-Leader Role
- Standards-Based Reporting: How to Go Beyond the “Grade”
- What Leaders Need to Know About Standards-Based Reporting
- Teacher Evaluation: Next Steps for Teachers
- Teacher Evaluation: Next Steps for Leaders
- Five Strategies to Improving Collaborative Teams
- Five Strategies to Improving Formative Assessments
- Five Strategies to Improve Leaders’ Roles in Collaborative Teams
- Improve Problem Solving: Setting Everyone Up for Success