Paula Rogers is an educational consultant who supports schools in the implementation of PLC and RTI. Paula retired in 2015 after a career in public education as the deputy superintendent for instruction, accountability, and human resources for Hallsville ISD, a midsize district in East Texas with five Title 1 campuses.
Paula Rogers is an educational consultant who supports schools in the implementation of PLC and RTI. Paula retired in 2015 after a career in public education as the deputy superintendent for instruction, accountability, and human resources for Hallsville ISD, a midsize district in East Texas with five Title 1 campuses. Paula led the implementation of PLCs districtwide, beginning in 2004, and as a result of this work, the district earned the highest level of accountability awarded by the State of Texas and was named as a model professional learning community by AllThingsPLC.info. Paula is a contributing author to the book It’s About Time—Planning Interventions and Extensions in Elementary School by Austin Buffum and Mike Mattos, published by Solution Tree.
In addition to her work with Solution Tree, Paula has done extensive work with the University of Virginia Partnership in Leadership Excellence (PLE), supporting their turnaround school initiative.
Paula has experience as a general education teacher, a special education teacher, an educational diagnostician, a federal programs director, and a special education director. She also served as assistant superintendent/deputy superintendent for two districts. She holds a master’s degree in education from Stephen F. Austin State University and certifications in general education, special education, and school administration.
PLC at Work®
PLC at Work® experts have proven success in leading the PLC at Work process in a school or district. Work with them to implement a focus on learning, build a collaborative culture, and create a results orientation that leads to sustained, substantive school improvement.
RTI at Work™
RTI at Work experts focus on learning for all students and will empower you to build your own timely, targeted, and systematic intervention program. Work with them to implement a results-driven program that provides targeted instruction at all tiers of intervention.
Presentations by Paula Rogers
- Ensuring Equity—Designing Systems and Processes to Implement RTI at Work
- The Power and Purpose of Convergent Assessment—Targeted Interventions
- Doing the Right Work Right—Reviewing and Revising Your Pyramid of Intervention
- Making Collaborative Planning Effective and Efficient—Planning in Advance for ALL Learners
- RTI for Behavior—Determining and Explicitly Teaching Essential Behavior Standards
- Aligning What We Teach and What We Assess
- All Kids: The Roles and Responsibilities of Teams in the RTI Process
- The Role of District and Campus Leadership in a PLC: Connecting Beliefs to Actions
- Coaching Leaders and Teams in the Implementation of PLC and RTI
- The Critical Element of the Teaching and Assessing Cycle—Planning and Mapping Common Formative Assessments
- Student Goal Setting—Increasing Engagement by Including Students in Ongoing Data Tracking
- ALL Means ALL—Ensuring that Tier 3 Teams Are Powerful and Productive