Competency-Based Education Ignited
A Transformational Systemwide Approach for Leaders
CBE Ignited is a call to action for transformation, shifting the traditional time-based educational system to a student-centered learning model. Gain a deep understanding of a CBE system along with critical steps for implementation that provide your students with the tools and processes to be empowered learners.
A critical road map for implementing competency-based learning
The traditional system of education is failing our students. Evidence shows competency-based education (CBE) develops empowered learners who succeed, but effective implementation requires a systemwide, coordinated approach. Competency-Based Education Ignited offers school and district leaders a road map for successfully transitioning to CBE that involves actionable stages and a plan for creating a student-centered learning environment.
This book will help K–12 school and district leaders:
- Understand student and teacher perspectives in a successful competency-based learning system
- Take advantage of CBE implementation knowledge rooted in decades of experience
- Examine essential questions to guide understanding in each chapter
- Gain insight into the fundamental shift from covering material to facilitating true mastery of content and skills
- Discover how a CBE system boosts student engagement and helps students create, deploy, and navigate their own learning
Product Code: BKG166
Published By: Solution Tree