Leading a Competency-Based Secondary School
The Marzano Academies Model
This fourth book in the Marzano Academies series focuses on secondary school leadership for competency-based education. The beauty of the framework, however, is that any leader seeking guidance on innovative, equitable, and effective practices can use this book as a blueprint for positive change.
Experience the convenience of eBooks! Access your eBooks anytime, anywhere on any desktop, Android, or iOS device through VitalSource. eBook purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. Please visit our FAQ for more information.
Become a transformational leader with field-tested competency-based education strategies
This is your blueprint for how you, as a secondary school leader, can implement an effective competency-based education system. Based on decades of research and refined in the Marzano Academies, the model presented in this book will aid you and your staff in the process of shifting from a traditional school to a high reliability, competency-based organization.
Middle school and high school leaders will:
- Learn about the Marzano Academies model and its application in secondary schools
- Explore a phased approach to transitioning to competency-based education
- Understand 16 school-level indicators and specific programs and practices for each
- Monitor the impact of each indicator through high reliability leadership
- Examine the roles of leaders during transformational change
Product Code: BKL056, EKL046
Page Count: 184
“This book is a useful tool for any administrative team to use in evaluation of the whole school system. Robert J. Marzano and Patrick B. Hardy do an excellent job in allowing this resource to be an easy how-to for any administrator to set up a system for success in their school based on high reliability leadership. It truly was a pleasure being able to learn from them.”
“Marzano and Hardy have written an easy-to-read implementation guide for a competency-based school! Any schools, even those not part of Marzano Academies, can use the proficiency scales to score their programs and review the specific approaches presented to locate areas of improvement and enhancement. This text pairs well with work on standards-referenced grading and other Marzano Resources topics and seems like a natural next step.”
When can I access my eBook? Your eBook will be accessible through VitalSource once your payment has been processed.*
*When using a check or purchase order, the order submitted online will not be processed until Solution Tree receives the check or a copy of the signed official purchase order. Your purchase order must note payment terms of net 30 days. We cannot process purchase orders that do not note these payment terms. Please submit all payments to [email protected].
How do I access my eBook?
To access your eBook:
- Create a free VitalSource account by visiting VitalSource.com. If you already have a VitalSource account, please log in to your account.
- Paste the redemption code that Solution Tree will email you in the “Redemption Code” field on VitalSource.com/Redeem. (Note: You can also access your redemption code within your Solution Tree account under the “eBook” section.)
- Click “Redeem.”
- Enjoy! Once your code is redeemed, your book will be added to your VitalSource Bookshelf and can be read anytime, anywhere.
What are the technical requirements for accessing the eBook? A VitalSource account is required. To sign up for your free account, please visit VitalSource.com.
What are the shipping and handling costs? There are no shipping or handling costs associated with eBooks. For paperback and hardcover book purchases, standard shipping costs apply. Please visit the Product Orders page for more information on shipping and handling costs.
Can I purchase multiple copies of the same eBook? Bulk orders are not currently available through the website. Website purchases are limited to one eBook per title, per account. If you want to order multiple copies of an eBook, please contact customer support at [email protected].
What if I need to request a refund on my eBook order? RETURN POLICY: We are unable to accept returns or cancel previously placed eBook orders.