A Practical Guide for Balancing Conversations, Performances, and Products
Embrace a technology-supported and balanced approach for performance-based assessment. Use triangulation of assessment through performance observations, conversations, and physical products to accurately measure student competence for learning objectives.
How to establish performance-based, balanced assessment in the classroom
Assessment is overdue for a technology-supported reboot, and this practical guide will help you do just that. Within its pages, you’ll discover a balanced approach to assessment for learning that includes conversations and performance-based observations as key components. Real-world case studies and differentiated implementation options are available throughout the book to help you identify your current level of knowledge, gain confidence, and hone your skills.
Use this book to guide your journey to effective performance-based assessment:
- Understand how balanced classroom assessment leads to deeper student engagement, greater equity, and increased reliability.
- Discover the role of formative and summative assessments and how to use triangulation to assess student learning outcomes.
- Watch video clips that feature real-life teachers and students implementing balanced assessment in the classroom.
- Learn how to develop positive relationships with students and create a learning environment characterized by trust and collaboration.
- Understand how to use technology and digital evidence to support assessment, including student self-assessment and peer assessment.
- Rely on the teacher-readiness scale to help you identify your comfort level with the types of assessment and approaches within the book.
Product Code: BKG011