The Recipe for Student Well-Being
Five Key Ingredients for Social, Behavioral, and Academic Success
Busy educators may struggle at times to connect the dots to form an integrated, holistic approach to the overall success of students. With this book, the heavy lifting is done for you so you can rely on an accessible recipe for student well-being that considers five essential ingredients students need to thrive.
Your research-based recipe for thriving, successful students
What are the five essential ingredients for ensuring all students succeed academically, socially, and behaviorally? This practical guide details each ingredient, why it matters, and how to implement it. The Recipe for Student Well-Being goes beyond the idea of a purchased curriculum to cover how different factors integrate to comprehensively meet students’ social, emotional, and behavioral needs as enablers of academic success.
Education leaders will:
- Learn the what, why, and how of the key ingredients for student well-being
- Foster a school culture and climate that promotes student growth and academic success
- Understand why and how to focus on educator well-being first in order to yield positive student outcomes
- Garner strategies and tools to establish, restore, and maintain positive teacher-to-student and student-to-student relationships
- Maximize success with tips on how to ensure SEL initiatives work
- Reflect with end-of-chapter questions that make the content relevant
- Implement research-based SEL curriculum and instruction that aligns with the values and culture of a school
Product Code: BKF980