Embedded Formative Assessment PD Playlist
Based on Dylan Wiliam’s Embedded Formative Assessment, Second Edition, the Embedded Formative Assessment Professional Development (PD) Playlist offers 20 videos exploring classroom formative assessment, questioning, learning intentions, and success criteria to support student engagement and academic success.
Access our complete collection of PD Playlists with a Global PD Library subscription. Learn more >>
20 formative assessment videos to guide effective assessment strategies in the classroom
Based on Dylan Wiliam’s Embedded Formative Assessment, this playlist includes 20 videos that emphasize the instructional side of formative assessment. Presenters include Dylan Wiliam, Sharon V. Kramer, Nicole Dimich Vagle, Cassandra Erkens, and Mike Mattos. Each video, available on demand, is less than 20 minutes, and all are aligned to chapters in the second edition of Embedded Formative Assessment.
Curated to help you implement embedded formative assessment strategies, this playlist includes the following formative assessment videos:
- The Economy, Education and Shifting Trends
- The Achievement Gap and Teacher Quality
- Different Methods to Improve Teacher Quality
- The Classroom Matters More Than the School
- Defining Classroom Formative Assessment
- Five Key Strategies and One Big Idea of Formative Assessment
- Planning Your Questions in Advance
- Intended, Implemented or Achieved Curriculum
- Sharing Learning Intentions
- Instructional Strategies to Engage Students in Learning
- All-Student Response Systems
- Feedback to Move Learning Forward
- Giving Corrective Feedback to Students
- Feedback and Grading
- Assessment and Student Feedback
- Activating Learners’ Intellectual and Social Capital
- Unstoppable Learning: Consolidating
- Students as Owners of Their Learning
- Sharing Learning Targets and Criteria for Success with Students
- Giving Students the Power to Focus on Learning
Product Code: GPD205
***Note: If you have a Global PD Library subscription, you already have access to this online PD product.***
When will I receive my online PD product? Your online PD product will be accessible through your Solution Tree web account once your payment has been processed.* When the payment has processed, the purchaser will receive an email confirmation with an access code and retrieval instructions.
*Please Note: When using a check or purchase order, the order submitted online will not be processed until Solution Tree receives the check or a copy of the official signed purchase order. Your purchase order must note payment terms of net 30 days. We cannot process purchase orders that do not note these payment terms. Please submit all payments to [email protected].
If your subscription was purchased as a part of a bulk order, please retrieve the access code from the purchaser.
How do I access the online PD product? Once your payment has been processed, you can access your playlist by logging into your web account on SolutionTree.com. Once logged in, click on “My Account” located at the top of the screen—this will take you to your dashboard. Then click on the relevant product type on the left-hand side of the screen.
How long do I have access to this online PD product? You will have access to the product for 1 year from the day payment is received.
What are the technical requirements for accessing the online PD product? Internet access is required. High-speed Internet access is best for viewing videos.
What if I have trouble accessing the online PD product? Call 800.733.6786 Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. ET or email [email protected].
What are the shipping and handling costs? There is no shipping or handling costs associated with the playlist. For book purchases, standard shipping costs apply. Please visit the Product Orders page for more information on shipping and handling costs.
What if I need to request a refund? RETURN POLICY: We are unable to accept returns or cancel previously placed orders.