Poor Students, Rich Teaching Bundle
This bundle examines how poverty affects children across the nation and offers strategies for ensuring all students, regardless of circumstance, are college and career ready.
Inspire hope for a better future
Students in poverty are more likely to have cognitive gaps, experience chronic stress, and lack emotional support—but you have the power to change their futures for the better. Rely on the new edition of Dr. Eric Jensen’s best-selling book Poor Students, Rich Teaching and its companion handbook to help you understand the root of these challenges students face, and to fully embrace the mindsets that lead to richer teaching.
- Understand the urgency of poverty in the United States and the effects of poverty on education, student engagement, and academic achievement.
- Explore seven essential mindsets and accompanying strategies for each.
- Discover specific actions and practices that will help you counteract poverty’s detrimental effects and increase college and career readiness.
- Understand how to change students’ attitudes, cognitive capacity, effort, and classroom behaviors.
- Build effective teacher-student relationships, and help students see achievement as a reachable target.
InstructionStudent EngagementYouth at Risk
Product Code: KTF352