Bringing Innovation to School
Empowering Students to Thrive in a Changing World
Are you preparing a new generation of innovators? Activate your students' creativity and problem-solving potential with breakthrough learning projects. Across all grades and content areas, student-driven, collaborative projects will teach students how to generate innovative ideas and then put them into action. Youll take learning to new heights and help students master core content.
- Learn why innovation is an essential skill for 21st century learners' success.
- Discover the diverse ways innovation can be implemented in the classroom.
- Explore innovative examples from outside education to stir creativity.
- Understand how innovation can coexist with standards-based instruction.
- Gain tips on how to incorporate unstructured time into the school day.
Get your copy today
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Part I: Setting the Stage
Chapter 1: Coming to Terms With Innovation
Chapter 2: Seeing Educators as Innovators
Chapter 3: Growing a New Global Skill Set
Part II: Building the New Idea Factory
Chapter 4: Seeding Innovation
Chapter 5: Integrating Design Thinking Throughout the Curriculum
Chapter 6: Making Room for Thinkers
Chapter 7: Taking Advantage of Technology
Chapter 8: Gaming for Real Learning
Part III: Moving From Thinking to Doing
Chapter 9: Spreading Good Ideas
Chapter 10: Taking Action
Appendix A: Additional Resources
Appendix B: Innovation Rubric
Appendix C: Discussion Guide
Innovation and Invention
- The Fuller Challenge
- Design Other 90 Network
- The Lemelson Center for the Study of Invention & Innovation