Assessing Unstoppable Learning
The Unstoppable Learning model includes seven elements—(1) planning, (2) launching, (3) consolidating, (4) assessing, (5) adapting, (6) managing, and (7) leading. This user-friendly resource focuses on the assessing element, giving readers crucial protocols and activities for collectively reworking their assessment systems. By implementing the step-by-step actions shared by the authors, educators can prepare themselves and their students to thrive in 21st century classrooms and beyond.
- Reflect on the collaborative nature of your learning organization and what elements of it are within your control.
- Consider questions to focus your work on generating high levels of student achievement.
- Complete activities with teammates to discuss how to better promote productive systems thinking using the book’s strategies.
- Gain guidance for leaders, as well as for teams, to embed evidence-based practices throughout the organization.
- Access protocols for effective team discussions.
Get your copy today
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Building Trust and Healthy Relationships to Leverage Assessment
Chapter 2: Seeking Evidence to Launch Assessments With the End in Mind
Chapter 3: Gathering Evidence to Use Assessment as Instruction
Chapter 4: Discussing Evidence to Leverage Assessment as Learning
Chapter 5: Responding to Evidence to Adapt Assessment as Instruction
Chapter 6: Embedding Evidence-Based Practices in Learning Organizations
Epilogue: Championing the Work—Dream, Design, Do, and Discover
- Consensus-Building Tool for Prioritizing Standards
- Focusing Our View Within the System: Seeking Evidence
- Seeking Evidence Systems Protocol
- Causality Conversation Template
- Discussing Evidence Systems Protocol: Task 2 Considerations
- Discussing Evidence Systems Protocol: Task 5 Considerations
- Focusing Our View Within the System: Discussing Evidence
- Narrative Statements Template
- Template for Categorizing Narrative Statements
- Embedding Evidence-Based Practices Systems Protocol
- Focusing Our View Within the System: Embedding Evidence-Based Practices
- DuFour, R., DuFour, R., Eaker, R., Many, T. W., & Mattos, M. (2016). Learning by Doing: A Handbook for Professional Learning Communities at Work (3rd ed.). Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Fisher, D., & Frey, N. (2015). Unstoppable Learning: Seven Essential Elements to Unleash Student Potential. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Graham, P., & Ferriter, W. M. (2010). Building a Professional Learning Community at Work: A Guide to the First Year. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Reeves, D. (Ed.). (2007). Ahead of the Curve: The Power of Assessment to Transform Teaching and Learning. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.