It is time to rethink the relationship between teaching and learning and assess the crucial skills students need to succeed in the 21st century. The authors assert that educators must focus assessment on mindfulness and feedback for improvement, framing assessment around six fluencies students need to cultivate. The book provides scenarios, lessons, activities, and assessment rubrics.
- Discover the essential fluencies and skills students need for success in the 21st century.
- Examine different kinds of assessments and their focuses, strengths, and weaknesses.
- Gain assessment rubrics for evaluating students’ skills in the fluencies.
- Access sample lessons and projects that support the fluencies.
- Employ the Solution Fluency Activity Planner to help students develop the fluencies they’ll need to succeed in the 21st century.
Get your copy today
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Introduction: Lessons From the Dojo
Chapter 1: Approaches to Assessment
Chapter 2: Structure of the Fluencies Assessment Framework
Chapter 3: Solution Fluency
Chapter 4: Information Fluency
Chapter 5: Creativity Fluency
Chapter 6: Media Fluency
Chapter 7: Collaboration Fluency
Chapter 8: Global Digital Citizenship
Epilogue: Where Will You Go From Here?
Appendix: Glossary of Command Terms
- Figure 3.1: Solution Fluency Assessment Rubric-Define
- Figure 3.2: Solution Fluency Assessment Rubric-Discover
- Figure 3.3: Solution Fluency Assessment Rubric-Dream
- Figure 3.4: Solution Fluency Assessment Rubric-Design
- Figure 3.5: Solution Fluency Assessment Rubric-Deliver
- Figure 3.6: Solution Fluency Assessment Rubric-Debrief
- Figure 4.1: Information Fluency Assessment Rubric-Ask
- Figure 4.2: Information Fluency Assessment Rubric-Acquire
- Figure 4.3: Information Fluency Assessment Rubric-Analyze
- Figure 4.4: Information Fluency Assessment Rubric-Apply
- Figure 4.5: Information Fluency Assessment Rubric-Assess
- Figure 5.1: Creativity Fluency Assessment Rubric-Identify
- Figure 5.2: Creativity Fluency Assessment Rubric-Inspire
- Figure 5.3: Creativity Fluency Assessment Rubric-Interpolate
- Figure 5.4: Creativity Fluency Assessment Rubric-Imagine
- Figure 5.5: Creativity Fluency Assessment Rubric-Inspect
- Figure 6.1: Media Fluency Assessment Rubric-Listen
- Figure 6.2: Media Fluency Assessment Rubric-Leverage
- Figure 7.1: Collaboration Fluency Assessment Rubric-Establish
- Figure 7.2: Collaboration Fluency Assessment Rubric-Envision
- Figure 7.3: Collaboration Fluency Assessment Rubric-Engineer
- Figure 7.4: Collaboration Fluency Assessment Rubric-Execute
- Figure 7.5: Collaboration Fluency Assessment Rubric-Examine
- Figure 8.1: Global Digital Citizen Assessment Rubric-Personal Responsibility
- Figure 8.2: Global Digital Citizen Assessment Rubric-Global Citizenship
- Figure 8.3: Global Digital Citizen Assessment Rubric-Digital Citizenship
- Figure 8.4: Global Digital Citizen Assessment Rubric-Altruistic Service
- Figure 8.5: Global Digital Citizen Assessment Rubric-Environmental Stewardship
- Australian Curriculum
- Big Picture Education Australia
- Global Digital Citizen Foundation
- Google Earth Outreach
- International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme and Middle Years Programme
- New Zealand Curriculum
- Readability Score, “Measure Text Readability”
- Solution Fluency Activity Planner