Educator and teacher self-care can be challenging, but embracing a holistic health and wellness plan can improve your physical, mental, emotional, and social well-being both inside and outside of school. This reflective journal provides the ideas and guidance you need to support you on your wellness journey.
Rely on this book of ideas for self-care for educators and develop ongoing habits for wellness:
- Use this resource on your own or as a book study to guide staff through a reflective, goal-setting process.
- Observe the importance of self-care for teachers and other educators and how a commitment to daily self-care and well-being leads to a more fulfilling, successful life in and outside of the school setting.
- Review the four dimensions of educator self-care and wellness—(1) physical, (2) mental, (3) emotional, and (4) social—and 12 corresponding routines.
- Explore self-care activities for teachers and educators to sustain well-being in the face of workplace overload and potential burnout.
- Use the My Wellness Action journaling spaces designed to encourage thoughtful reflection to wellness and self-care plans for teachers and educators.
- Learn how to monitor your self-care progress and design an actionable wellness plan for next steps.
- View videos that highlight the authors’ personal experiences with the four dimensions of educator or teacher well-being.
- Access the Educator Wellness—Rating, Reflecting, Planning, and Goal-Setting protocol.
Get your copy today
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: The Physical Wellness Dimension
Chapter 2: The Mental Wellness Dimension
Chapter 3: The Emotional Wellness Dimension
Chapter 4: The Social Wellness Dimension
Appendix A: Wellness Solutions for Educators Framework
Appendix B: Wellness Solutions for Educators Rating, Reflecting, Goal Setting, Planning, and Progress
Appendix C: Wellness Solutions for Educators Self-Evaluation Rubric
- Wellness Solutions for Educators™ Rating, Reflecting, Goal Setting, Planning, and Progress Monitoring Protocol
- Boogren, T. H. (2021). Coaching for educator wellness: A guide to supporting new and experienced teachers. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Kanold, T. D. (2017). HEART! Fully forming your professional life as a teacher and leader. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Marzano, R. J., & Marzano, J. S. (2015). Managing the inner world of teaching: Emotions, interpretations, and actions. Bloomington, IN: Marzano Resources.
- Mason, C., Rivers Murphy, M. M., & Jackson, Y. (2019). Mindfulness practices: Cultivating heart centered communities where students focus and flourish. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
Educator Wellness Videos
- Solution Tree, “Educator Wellness Introduction”
- Solution Tree, “Dimension 1, Physical Wellness”
- Solution Tree, “Dimension 2, Mental Wellness”
- Solution Tree, “Dimension 3, Emotional Wellness”
- Solution Tree, “Dimension 4, Social Wellness”