An Innovative Teaching Model for All Learners
Effectively respond to diverse learning styles and achievement levels with strategies and reproducible tools to help you customize, scaffold, and layer your instruction. Reach every student in the classroom, while still holding all students accountable for learning.
- Learn how to analyze standards to focus the learning.
- Explore techniques to teach the vocabulary and concepts of a standard.
- Scaffold and customize content to meet the needs of your students.
Get your copy today
TABLE OF CONTENTS, PRINTABLE REPRODUCIBLES, AND SUGGESTED RESOURCES
Chapter 1: Understanding Focused Instruction
- "Project Follow Through: In-Depth and Beyond"
- Houghton Mifflin Education Place
- Tool 1: Terminology Advance Organizer
- Tool 2: Project Rubric
- Tool 3: Project Planning Sheet
- Tool 4: The 11-Step Focused Instruction Process
Chapter 2: What Students Need to Know and How Well They Need to Know It
- Tool 5: Integrated Unit Plan or Lesson With Layered Learning Options
- Tool 6: Narrative Writing Frame
- Tool 7: Which Students Need More Instruction?
Chapter 3: Preinstructional Strategies
- Ogden’s Basic English Word List
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Teachers Network
- “About Differentiated Instruction”
- Tool 8: Student Attribute Chart
- Tool 9: Semantic Feature Analysis
- Tool 10: A Practice Page for Customization
Chapter 4 : The Focused Instruction Plan
- “Struggling Classroom Readers and Individualized Instruction”
- Carleton College
- Tool 11: Personalized Learning Time Task List
- Tool 12: Personalized Learning-Time Rubric for Task List
- Tool 13: Vocabulary and Concepts
- Tool 14: Term and Concept Grid
Chapter 5: Implementation and Reflections on Your Learning