Instructional Strategies for Effective Teaching
Discover the keys to improving student learning and success. Taking a practical approach to instructional delivery, the authors outline research-based strategies and illustrate how teachers, coaches, and administrators can use them to enhance their everyday practices. Organized around 10 methods of instruction, this user-friendly guide will help you dig deep into classroom discussion, concept mapping, inquiry-based learning, and more.
- Consider research that establishes why the methods presented are the most effective.
- Discover how to move from research to practice in delivering effective teaching.
- Access ready-to-use handouts to help implement the methods immediately.
- Compare and contrast methods to see how best to incorporate them into the classroom.
Get your copy today
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1: Classroom Discussion
Chapter 2: Concept Attainment
Chapter 3: Concept Mapping
Chapter 4: Cooperative Learning
Chapter 5: Direct Instruction
Chapter 6: Mastery Learning
Chapter 7: Memorization and Mnemonic Instruction
Chapter 8: Inquiry-Based Learning
Chapter 9: Self-Regulated Learning
Chapter 10: Meaningful Feedback
- Concept Attainment Assessment
- Concept Attainment Teacher Self-Assessment
- Concept Attainment Worksheet
- Configurations of Concept Maps
- Decisions Checklist for Teaching With Concept Maps
- Rubric to Evaluate Student Concept Mapping
- Cooperative Learning Models
- Cooperative Learning Student Self-Assessment Rubric
- Cooperative Learning Teacher Reflection
- How to Deliver an Effective Introduction
- How to Deliver an Effective Presentation
- How to Develop Effective Practice Activities
- Learning Contracts
- Self-Regulating Learning Strategies
- Student Assessment of Self-Regulated Learning