The New Art and Science of Teaching
This title is a greatly expanded volume of the original The Art and Science of Teaching, offering a framework for substantive change based on Dr. Marzano’s 50 years of education research.
- Understand the urgency of addressing US poverty.
- Learn three powerful mindsets to effect change.
- Positively influence students’ emotional states to impact achievement.
- Build students’ cognitive capacity to support learning.
- Engage all students for success.
Get your copy today
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Introduction: The History of The New Art and Science of Teaching
Chapter 1: Providing and Communicating Clear Learning Goals
Chapter 2: Using Assessments
Chapter 3: Conducting Direct Instruction Lessons
Chapter 4: Conducting Practicing and Deepening Lessons
Chapter 5: Conducting Knowledge Application Lessons
Chapter 6: Using Strategies That Appear in All Types of Lessons
Chapter 7: Using Engagement Strategies
Chapter 8: Implementing Rules and Procedures
Chapter 9: Building Relationships
Chapter 10: Communicating High Expectations
Chapter 11: Making System Changes
- Compendium Crosswalk
- Sample Developmental Scales from the 43 Elements
- Visit Marzano Research to learn more about the Marzano Compendium of Instructional Strategies and find the complete Developmental Scales for Elements document
- Marzano, R. J. (2009). Designing and Teaching Learning Goals and Objectives. Bloomington, IN: Marzano Research.
- Marzano, R. J. (2010). Formative Assessment and Standards-Based Grading. Bloomington, IN: Marzano Research.
- Marzano, R. J. (2012). Becoming a Reflective Teacher. Bloomington, IN: Marzano Research.
- Marzano, R. J., Heflebower, T., Hoegh, J. K., Warrick, P., & Grift, G. (2016). Collaborative Teams That Transform Schools: The Next Step in PLCs. Bloomington, IN: Marzano Research.
- Marzano, R. J., & Marzano, J. S. (2015). Managing the Inner World of Teaching: Emotions, Interpretations, and Actions. Bloomington, IN: Marzano Research.