Personalizing Learning Through Voice and Choice
This practical resource introduces personalized learning’s key concepts and reveals structures that empower student voice and choice across a school.
- Receive inspiration that will help you change the culture of learning for students.
- Learn the roles of students, teachers, school site administrators, and district administrators in this culture change.
- Explore readiness tiers, indicators, and supports.
- Uncover right-now ideas for engaging students in important curricular decisions.
- Discover ways to amplify student voices within school as a whole.
Get your copy today
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Introduction: Defining Moments and Defining Terms
Chapter 1: Empowering Learner Voice
Chapter 2: Empowering Learner Choice
Chapter 3: Empowering Learner Voice and Choice at Scale
Epilogue: The Personalized Approach
- Depka, E. (2017). Raising the Rigor: Effective Questioning Strategies and Techniques for the Classroom. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Common Sense Media, “Ruben Puentedura on Applying the SAMR Model”
- Hippasus, “SAMR: A Brief Introduction”
- Metiri Group, “Engagement of Students in Learning”
- Teachers College Record, “Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge: A Framework for Teacher Knowledge”
- Google Cardboard
- Multiple Intelligences Research and Consulting, “About MIDAS™”
- Write About
- Clayton Christensen Institute
- Common Sense Media, “Digital Citizenship”
- Connect Safely
- DIY Gamer Kit
- FiLMiC Pro
- Friends School at Minnesota
- Google’s Be Internet Awesome
- G-Suite for Education
- Open Educational Resource Commons
- PowerDirector Mobile Video Editor
- Student 21
- Wild-Touch’s Ice & Sky