Ready to Learn
Rely on Ready to Learn’s five-step FRAME model to help you create motivating and engaging learning experiences for any grade level or content area. This resource by Peg Grafwallner motivates students to learn through effective feedback and guided practice.
- Explore how the FRAME model supports teachers in planning and delivering a meaningful learning experience to every student.
- Discover strategies for engaging students within the first ten minutes of class and carrying this motivation throughout the lesson.
- Understand how encouraging peer observations and feedback among teachers will improve instructional practice.
- Study the FRAME model in real-world situations and utilize reflection questions to reinforce learning.
- Examine sample lesson plans and receive a template for planning lessons using the FRAME model.
Get your copy today
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1: How to Create Learning Intentions and Success Criteria
Chapter 2: How to FRAME the First Ten Minutes of Class
Chapter 3: How to Embed FRAME Within a Lesson
Chapter 4: How to Use FRAME for Peer Observation and Feedback Among Teachers
Appendix: FRAME Lesson and Feedback Tools
- Buffum, A., Mattos, M., & Malone, J. (2018). Taking Action: A Handbook for RTI at Work. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Jensen, E. (2019). Poor Students, Rich Teaching: Seven High-Impact Mindsets for Students From Poverty (Rev. ed.). Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- ABC Mouse
- CNN, “Microplastics Discovered in ‘Extreme’ Concentrations in the North Atlantic”
- CNN, “What You Should Know About the March for Our Lives”
- Engage NY
- GoogleNews Archive
- Kelly Gallagher’s Article of the Week
- National Geographic Kids
- Newsela, “Small Particles of Plastic Have Found a Home in Arctic Snow, Scientists Say”
- Newsela, “Students Vote: Before the March, We Let Students Vote on Gun Laws”
- ReadWorks, “American Government: Preamble to the United States Constitution”
- ReadWorks, “Take Care of Our Planet”
- Science News for Students
- Science News for Students, “Strict Gun Laws Ended Mass Shootings in Australia”
- TweenTribune, “U.S. Capitol’s Statuary Hall to Get First State-Commissioned Statue of a Black American”