Teachers as Architects of Learning, 2nd Edition
Craft a personal blueprint for teaching that ensures student learning stands as the foundation of your classroom. This resource offers research-based instructional design and teaching strategies that bolster K–12 student success throughout the learning process.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the learning process through an extensive overview of key learning theories and their practical applications.
- Discover how a focus on learning rather than teaching benefits students.
- Explore twelve learning constructs, and learn ways of incorporating them into a learning-centered classroom.
- Reflect on teaching strategies, and develop more mindful approaches to class modeling, in both individual and collaborative group contexts.
- Examine the importance of students’ investment in their own learning process, and create an environment in which students find more motivation, agency, and mindfulness in their learning.
Get your copy today
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: Questioning
Chapter 3: Self-Assessment—Reflection and Feedback
Chapter 4: Observing and Listening
Chapter 5: Explicit Instruction
Chapter 6: Modeling and Exemplars
Chapter 7: Support and Safety
Chapter 8: Time
Chapter 9: Expectation
Chapter 10: Lifeworlds
Chapter 11: Desire
Chapter 12: Resources
Chapter 13: Existing Knowledge
- Buffum, A., Mattos, M., & Weber, C. (2009). Pyramid Response to Intervention. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- DuFour, R., DuFour, R., Eaker, R., Many, T. W., & Mattos, M. (2016). Learning by Doing: A Handbook for Professional Learning Communities at Work (3rd ed.). Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Marzano, R. J. (Ed.). (2010). On Excellence in Teaching. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Marzano, R. J. (2017). The New Art and Science of Teaching. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Marzano, R. J., Pickering, D. J., & Heflebower, T. (2011). The Highly Engaged Classroom. Bloomington, IN: Marzano Resources.
- Sousa, D. A., & Tomlinson, C. A. (2018). Differentiation and the Brain: How Neuroscience Supports the Learner-Friendly Classroom (2nd ed.). Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Wiliam, D. (2018). Embedded Formative Assessment (2nd ed.). Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.