Connecting Through Leadership
Strengthen your communication skills in order to inspire, motivate, and connect with every member of your school community, from teachers to students to parents. Overcome the challenges of organizational communication and implement classroom engagement strategies with this self-development resource.
- Learn how to become a charismatic presenter and promote student engagement with effective communication skills.
- Gain strategies for having tough conversations central to teacher leadership.
- Discover how to communicate effectively through written and oral communication.
- Review the ways in which body language can impact your message.
- Understand how body language affects communication and other intrapersonal skills.
- Analyze your communication strengths and weaknesses to create personal improvement goals and build your school leadership abilities.
Get your copy today
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1: Communicating Through Presentations
Chapter 2: Communicating Through Meetings
Chapter 3: Communicating Through Tough Conversations
Chapter 4: Communicating Through Writing
Chapter 5: Communicating Through Body Language
- Interactive Strategies for Presentations
- Presentation Preparation Outline
- The School Leader’s Communication Challenge: Presentations
- Self-Assessment Checklist
- SWOT Analysis on My Presentation Skills
- Addressing Behaviors in Meetings
- Chapter 2 Agenda Template
- Figure 2.1: How Much Time Do You Spend in Meetings Every Week?
- Interactive Strategies for Meetings
- Meeting Planning Document
- The School Leader’s Communication Challenge: Meetings
- SWOT Analysis on My Meeting Facilitation Skills
- Chapter 3 Agenda Template
- Our Response to Handbook Violations
- The School Leader’s Communication Challenge: Tough Conversations
- SWOT Analysis on My Ability to Have Tough Conversations
- Sample Communication Plan Template
- Sample Informational Letter Template
- Sample Letter of Concern Template
- Sample Survey
- The School Leader’s Communication Challenge: Writing
- SWOT Analysis on My Writing Skills
- Body Language Indicators for Emotions
- Body Language Look-Fors in Others
- The Dos and Don’ts of Body Language Communication
- The School Leader’s Communication Challenge: Body Language
- SWOT Analysis on My Body Language
- DuFour, R., DuFour, R., Eaker, R., Many, T. W., & Mattos, M. (2016). Learning by Doing. A Handbook for Professional Learning Communities at Work (3rd ed.). Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- DuFour, R., & Fullan, M. (2013). Cultures Built to Last: Systemic PLCs at Work. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Kanold, T. D. (2011). The Five Disciplines of PLC Leaders. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.