How to Coach Leadership in a PLC
Expand your leadership capacity. Through this how-to guide, you’ll investigate why strong leadership is a crucial element of successful PLCs and delve deep into what leadership should involve at the district and site levels. Discover leadership strategies for creating a collaborative culture, learn how to build shared values among educators, and explore tools and techniques for monitoring progress on your PLC journey.
- Consider tools that can support capacity building in establishing a PLC.
- Read the steps that Sanger Unified School District took on its PLC journey.
- Discover the big ideas and foundational questions that frame districtwide PLC work and leadership tasks.
- Interpret reflections from individuals who participated in and helped lead Sanger Unified’s PLC implementation.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1: Laying the Foundation for PLC Leadership
Chapter 2: Developing Capacity Through Distributed Leadership
Chapter 3: Structuring and Supporting Leadership Coaching
Chapter 4: Coaching Leadership to Sustain PLCs
Chapter 5: Continuing the Journey
- All Things PLC
- DuFour, R., DuFour, R., Eaker, R., & Many, T. W. (2010). Learning by Doing: A Handbook for Professional Learning Communities at Work™ (2nd ed.). Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- DuFour, R., & Fullan, M. (2013). Cultures Built to Last: Systemic PLCs at Work. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Muhammad, A. (2009). Transforming School Culture: How to Overcome Staff Division. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.