Learn how you can lead highly productive, structured discussions in your school or district with Meeting Goals.
- Improve your group facilitation skills and expertise.
- Enhance instructional coaching and feedback for teachers and teacher groups through meaningful protocols.
- Study detailed instructions and scaffolds for specific protocols to meet clear, desired outcomes of collaboration.
- Experience more moments of connection and transformation in groups with effective leadership and a purpose-driven agenda.
- Examine specific language, practical situations, and clarifying questions for implementing discussion protocols.
Get your copy today
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Ensuring Purpose Before Protocols
Chapter 2: Protocols to Build Shared Understanding
Chapter 3: Protocols to Refine Products
Chapter 4: Protocols to Seek Perspective
Chapter 5: Protocols to Explore and Manage Dilemmas
Chapter 6: Protocols to Generate Ideas
Appendix A: Consistent Approaches to Common Steps in Protocols
Appendix B: Preconference Key Words and Actions
Appendix C: Facilitation Tools
Appendix D: Matrix for Building Shared Understanding—When to Use
Appendix E: Supplemental Strategies
- Figure 3.1: T-Chart for Presenters in a Gap Analysis Protocol
- Figure 3.3: Anchor Chart for a Tuning Protocol
- Figure 4.1: Minilesson Object
- Figure 4.8: ATLAS Anchor Chart
- Figure 4.11: ATLAS—Looking at Data Anchor Chart
- Figure 4.13: Examining Assessments Anchor Chart
- Figure 4.15: Making Meaning Anchor Chart
- Figure 5.3: Consultancy Anchor Chart
- Figure 5.4: Descriptive Consultancy Anchor Chart
- Figure 5.5: Issaquah Anchor Chart
- Figure 5.6: Peeling the Onion Anchor Chart
SUPPLEMENTAL MATERIAL (NONREPRODUCIBLE)
- 4 As
- Balloon Bounce
- Block Party
- Creating Metaphors
- Defy Gravity
- Football Spoons
- Hog Call
- Passion Profiles
- Planting the Seed
- Say, Say, Do: Leadership Version
- The Change Activity
- The Final Word
- What’s in Common?
Paseo Protocol Items
Sample Anchor Charts
- ATLAS Looking at Data
- Coffee Talk
- Collaborative Assessment Conference
- Comparing Dilemma-Based Protocols
- Descriptive Consultancy
- Dilemma Criteria
- Dilemma Protocol Matrix
- Examining Assessments Step 6 Options
- Examining Assessments
- Gap Analysis
- Making Meaning
- Peeling the Onion
- Success Analysis
- Text Rendering
- Three Levels of Text
- Tuning Stems
- Wagon Wheel
- Boogren, T. H. (2018). Take time for you: Self-care action plans for educators. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- DuFour, R., DuFour, R., Eaker, R., Many, T. W., & Mattos, M. (2016). Learning by doing: A handbook for Professional Learning Communities at Work (3rd ed.). Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Wiliam, D. (2018). Embedded formative assessment (2nd ed.). Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Alpharetta High School, Alpharetta, Georgia—Student Profiles
- Garland Independent School District, Garland, Texas—Student Profiles
- Iowa Culture and Language Conference—Student Profiles
- Lewisville Independent School District, Lewisville, Texas—Student Profiles
- Microlabs Question Compilation