Strengthening the Connection Between School & Home
Examine the pivotal role family engagement plays in student achievement, and explore in depth the process of creating and implementing a family-engagement plan. This research-based guide includes many specific strategies, handouts, and reproducibles leaders can use to make their schools family friendly and connect with those families who may be hard to reach.
- Examine your own attitudes and beliefs about family involvement in schools.
- Create successful family-school events and home visits.
- Structure and schedule effective parent-teacher and parent-principal conferences.
- Reach out to community leaders and businesses for support.
- Use media and technology to enhance family engagement.
Get your copy today
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1: The Importance of Family Engagement
Chapter 2: Creating a Family-Friendly School
Chapter 3: Improving Communication With Families
Chapter 4: Developing a Family Engagement Plan
- Assessing Our School's School-Family Communication System
- Carta Muestra de Encuesta Para Padres de Familia
- Cuestionario Para Padres de Familia, Programa de Participación Familiar
- Do's and Don'ts for Home Visits
- Making the Most of Conferences
- Parent Survey on Family Engagement
- Personalized Education Plan
- Sample Beginning-of-the-Year Letter From Principal to Parents
- Sample Beginning-of-the-Year Letter From Teacher to Parents
- Sample Cover Letter for Parent Survey
- Sample Note of Appreciation From Principal to Volunteer
- Sample Parent Homework Help Tips
- Sample Script for Phone Call to Parent: Difficult News
- Sample Script for Phone Call to Parent: Student Success
- Teacher and Staff Survey of Family Engagement
- Volunteers in Our School
Online Sources of Information About School Websites
- Hulstrom K–8 School Calendar
- Infinite Campus